Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

My kids and I went to get more chicks last night and of course they had one turken left:rolleyes: and of course my DD just had to have that one
roll.png
they are cute in a disturbing way I guess
hu.gif
tongue2.gif

Ok I will officially state that I will be coming to the picnic and I will be bringing at least one other adult friend who is also a chicken raiser and probably two kids (they already heard about the picnic and there is no way they are gonna let me go without them now)
roll.png
For the raffle I will bring either quail or chicken eggs/chicks/buttons. Put me down as bringing macaroni salad and a veggie platter. This is going to be sooooooooo much fun
yippiechickie.gif

I got 14 today including another itty bitty d'uccle egg. And I have no one here to eat them but me! So needless to say I am bringing some to work this week... And my husband will take a whole pile of hardboiled with him to work as well. I'll probably sell some when I am home during the summer, but there are a lot of egg sellers around here so they don't go for much.

Today's haul:

eggs.jpg

Quote:
Do you have a local food pantry? With so many out of work and people using food pantries more and more, they might welcome home grown eggs.

Our food pantry in Selkirk (think small town and subtract 50%) serves 41 families a month.

And those are wonderful eggs. I want a little bitty egg. Just pop it whole in your mouth when it is hard boiled.

Hey, how come no one has offered to bring deviled eggs to the Pot luck? *scratching head*

Back
Top Bottom