Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
I like the idea of 'put the tickets in the cup' if you want something. Great idea! I assume if you REALLY wanted something you could just dump a pile of tickets in there to up your chances? LOL. (now.. where are those emu eggs? Hmmmm)..

That's the idea. If you REALLY want something put in more than one ticket.

I once put 10 of my tickets in one cup at my family reunion. My aunt put in ONE. Guess who won? MY AUNT.
th.gif

I can tell you right now I am NOT putting a single ticket in the cup for the coffee. I HATE COFFEE. (Bet my SO puts some in tho. He loves coffee and is the reason I thought of bringing that since I have NOTHING Chicken related)

Now the EMU ? It might be worth a couple of tickets.
thumbsup.gif

Count me in, too. I probably won't have any chickens to trade, but might be looking to buy by then. Once we know more about the food I'll pick something to bring and a chicken related item to raffle, too.

Hollie

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Looking forward to meeting you.

I'll add you to the raffle list, Annie can add you to the guest list. Just let each of us know when you decide what you are bringing.

You can buy any I don't. I am sooo bummed I have a chicken coop and NO CHICKENS....the breeder had a bad year and my chicks DIDN"T HATCH.

Featherz - awesome about the chicks, please post pictures when they hatch!

vmdanielsen, jerseygirl1 & horsekeeper - when we get closer we'll go over the list of goodies and pick something we need.

Chinese Raffle is a great plan, like everyone said, you put your tickets in for what you want. We had one at our church and they used brown lunch bags with every offer, worked great.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

I'll add you to the raffle list, Annie can add you to the guest list. Just let each of us know when you decide what you are bringing.

You can buy any I don't. I am sooo bummed I have a chicken coop and NO CHICKENS....the breeder had a bad year and my chicks DIDN"T HATCH.

You have chickens now!! they are just waiting here for you.
smile.png

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

You have chickens now!! they are just waiting here for you.
smile.png

Yup, I'll be out for them in 2 weeks, weather permitting on the building, that is.

But they are little bitty hens, so they don't count but as 2 full size ones. Happyhensny (Annie) is going to hatch for easter. I asked for 6 of her chicks. A couple of EE, a roo and 3 assorted. But those are chicks, so they don't count. And the original breeder is going to have chicks in a month or two, but again, those are chicks, so they don't count. So I have 2 hens and an 8x8 coop. But when those chicks grow up I'll have a coop full.
wee.gif

Quote:
Oh you've got this chicken math DOWN! I am also hatching this weekend if you get tempted from Annie's eggs.. Hands off my turkens tho, I am keeping all of those!!
smile.png

Ok, Cass you will be in "chickendom" very soon! And, as far as my calculations go, you only will have 1 chicken (banties are 2 for 1) and chicks don't count till they are grown.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom