Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

In His Service - YEAH! Can't wait to meet and I LOVE SMORES!

Cass - Absolutely! Trying to think of easy crock-pot food - I would love to mingle and not grill. Don't want to miss out on any good chicken chat. Maybe pulled-pork, Baked Ziti, etc. Open for suggestions.

Quote:
Oh, oh...I have a crock pot. Let me see if Ray can find his 4 outlet lead cord and 100 feet of heavy duty lead cord so we can run crock pots outside and not tie up all your counter space. Then I have to think of something to put in the crock pot. LOL

Remember I have a table...2 actually, if I can find the second one, I'll bring both.

Ditto to Annie's "can't wait to meet"....everyone. S'mores I can take or leave.

I still have to figure out what I am bringing since I'm the weird veggie in the mix (DH will eat anything, pretty much). Was going to bring Spanakopita, but my coworker that was going to give me a class in making it has been too busy
sad.png
. I'll think of something!

Not sure what I can bring for the auction. Still thinking on that too! Thought I would have eggs to bring, but looks iffy at this time. I doubt anyone wants a half blind rooster, so I'll have to think..
tongue.png

I don't eat Smores but will gladly chomp on the chocolate bars that go with em!

Last edited:
I can also bring the stuff for honey dips...something I learned at our annual church camping trip. I have to buy honey from the store
sad.png
, but if anyone has bees and is bringing honey I am interested.
wink.png

Quote:
how much honey would you like?

OH, oh...do you have honey Chicken Stalker? If you do and are willing to bring some for sale, I will take 2 bottles. Please let me know the price in advance, cuz I am only bringing the exact amount of money that I have prearranged purchases for....so I don't come home with more than I can HOUSE.

Unfortunately there is a bank within walking distance of HappyHensNY's house....not a safe walk, so use the car, but it is that close. SOOOOO I still might wind up with more than I can house, chickenwise....am hoping to score some trinkets from the young attendee that makes jewlery....so I guess I'll have to bring a little extra money. Oh, that's not good. Not good at all. I can't be trusted with cash around chicken stuff.

Quote:
The first post has been updated to include who is bringing what....foodwise....And I have a post regarding what is being brought for the Chinese Auction....page 2, post 17....BUT there is no updated of what people are bringing for sale.

If you can give me until Late Sunday Night I will read the whole thread (it isn't THAT long) and Put a post regarding what people are bringing to swap and sell.

OK, everyone, start posting what you decided to bring for swap/sale so I can get this list going. Please put an approximate price with your items, if you have one, so we all know how much money to bring. Only 13 Days til we all meet.
smile.png

Quote:
The first post has been updated to include who is bringing what....foodwise....And I have a post regarding what is being brought for the Chinese Auction....page 2, post 17....BUT there is no updated of what people are bringing for sale.

If you can give me until Late Sunday Night I will read the whole thread (it isn't THAT long) and Put a post regarding what people are bringing to swap and sell.

OK, everyone, start posting what you decided to bring for swap/sale so I can get this list going. Please put an approximate price with your items, if you have one, so we all know how much money to bring. Only 13 Days til we all meet.
smile.png

Thanks - I actually just grabbed a notebook to try to start getting a list together. You sure you got it? PM me if you want me to help out with the list. Coop-in is today and tomorrow. Getting ready to leave to get to the fair. We should have around 800 birds entered. LOTS of waterfowl. Put up two pens outside for a goose family and maybe some Sebastopols. Eye candy.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom