Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

I caught a skunk this morning!! Anyone want me to bring him to the party? Are ya sure?
smile.png

And in no way are my NN scary..
smile.png

51848_p1020006.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Naked Neck

Cuties in a Halloween sort of way

Hey my NN are cute!
smile.png
They DID come back..!! Hey, speaking of NN.. My chicks under my broody didn't do so well. One is fine, one died after zipping (perfectly formed, not even shrinkwrapped) and the third.. well.. you can see that here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=7212217#p7212217 . For a sec I wondered if one of the NN roos I gave InHisService jumped into the BO pen.
tongue.png

I'm not sure if I can put these chicks under my poor broody, so I am *considering* ordering a few pullet chicks for next week if I can find someone that won't deliver on Tuesday (when I am working). Anyone going to the party interested in any chicks PM me and maybe we can split an order. I'm thinking I don't want to deal with a bunch of roos again this year.
sad.png
My broody is so sad!

Umm.. anyone want a mohawk chick?
sad.png

Going to try making deviled eggs tomorrow and will have DH taste test since I'm not fond of them.

eta: chicks are back under broody. Sad sad - she was standing outside frantically clucking away looking for chicks. Had to do it.
tongue.png

Of course you had to give her a chick back!! How is the injured one doing?

Need a blue NN roo to go with your other NN's featherz? He's so sweet...I don't think I have ever heard him crow (dead serious)....I really want to find a home for him vs sending him to the soup pot.

Quote:
LOL no, I just gave a pile of NN roos away. My EE roo doesn't tolerate any testosterone in his zone. I have a little BO roo (still pretty tiny at 12 weeks old) in the next coop over that keeps his distance and has so far kept all his feathers.
smile.png

Mohawk chick is back under mom. It's probably a bad idea, but I cleaned it up, put blukote on all the wounds and anything red and am keeping my fingers crossed. My heart broke for poor momma so she had to have her chicks back. She's all pale from sitting so long and I don't think she could sit for another three weeks.

I should have NN eggs in the future but not by the party. My NN's are 19ish weeks old and are just getting their girly wattles and red necks in. They'll be interesting - EE roo would be dad!

My "Available to bring" list just changed. I sold a couple of birdies in the last few days.
big_smile.png

I currently have the following to offer:
* 3 white crested polish hatched 6-5-11, 2 are definitely cockerals, one I am still not sure of: 5$ each.
* 1 Japanese Bantam with her 10 chicks, take her and all chicks or take just some chicks.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
2$ each or 15$ for all 11 of them.
*I will also have 1 dozen Modern Game hatching eggs. I'm not sure the price on these yet. let me know if you're interested... If no takers on these, I guess they were meant to go in my bator.

I will be bringing 6+ light cornish game bird hatching eggs for the auction and some homemade goddess dolls.

6 more days
ep.gif
celebrate.gif
woot.gif

Time to start firming up what is coming. Approximately 50 people are attending.

Food. Is what you are bringing listed in the first post? If not, please remind us again, so we are sure we have an updated list.

We can still use some salads and Desserts. My favorite includes chocolate, please bring YOUR favorite so they aren't all chocolate. LOL

Please bring a serving spoon/fork if your offering requires it. Label it cuz my large black spoon looks exactly like your large black spoon.

Drink. Someone has offered to bring beverages. In addition I am bringing 2 cases of water. There will be coolers with ice for you to put your beverages in. If you are short on cooler space and are bringing your own favorite beverage, bring it warm and ice it once you get there.

No one has offered to bring plastic eating utensils. If you have an open package that is just going to take up space all winter feel free to throw it in your car and bring it along. (I have a partial package I am bringing so about 10 people can eat.
lol.png
)

Everyone should bring their own CHAIR (if they have a folding one). I'm pretty sure Annie doesn't have 50 lawn chairs laying around the yard.
smile.png

PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING YOU BRING to prevent the confusion of who owns what when it comes to clean up. (I even put my initials under the arm of my chairs, cuz I got them at Walmart, so there's a distinct possiblity that someone else might own one exactly like it)

The weather looks good for Saturday here...low 80's and partial sun....Sunscreen and bug spray probably wouldn't go to waste at this event.

See you there!!!!

Quote:
LOL no, I just gave a pile of NN roos away. My EE roo doesn't tolerate any testosterone in his zone. I have a little BO roo (still pretty tiny at 12 weeks old) in the next coop over that keeps his distance and has so far kept all his feathers.
smile.png

Mohawk chick is back under mom. It's probably a bad idea, but I cleaned it up, put blukote on all the wounds and anything red and am keeping my fingers crossed. My heart broke for poor momma so she had to have her chicks back. She's all pale from sitting so long and I don't think she could sit for another three weeks.

I should have NN eggs in the future but not by the party. My NN's are 19ish weeks old and are just getting their girly wattles and red necks in. They'll be interesting - EE roo would be dad!

How did Mohawk survive the day with Mom?

If I can get enough tomatoes from the garden to turn red I will be bringing Tomatoe pie, or squash pie if the tomatoes don't agree:plbb. I also have some plastic utensils from my boys bday party yesterday,, I'll bring what I have. -erin-

Back
Top Bottom