Vote Breed True or False

This is a Buff Orpington

• True

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • False

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've never entered a chicken in a show but I used to breed and show rabbits. I have a serious love for Checkered Giants, I love to watch them run and thump. It really depends on what kind of sanctioned show it is and what category you enter, and sometimes it just depends on the judge you get. They were always more lenient when I entered in a youth category rather than an open one. The true breeds have club websites you can look at that will tell you what the SOP is. I am really surprised though, I would think having the wrong leg color would be an automatic DQ.

And we'll ive shown PB rirs before with grey leggs and they came 2nd in there category and I've shown leghorns with white legs and yellow legs and the ones with yellow legs done just as good if not better than the ones with yellow

I don’t want to sound rude but if your RIR came 2nd with wrong leg colour then the competition may not have been to a great quality?

I don’t want to sound rude but if your RIR came 2nd with wrong leg colour then the competition may not have been to a great quality?
As far as I know the American standard of perfection calls for RIR legs to be a ‘rich yellow’ with a ‘reddish horn’
This leg colour is the same for all RIR in Europe and Australia too.

Back
Top Bottom