Vote for me to help me get my chickens please?

Pics
Very neat!! Thanks for the photos! Can't wait to see the girls when you get them!
Thanks! ..Tell me about it :) Spring seems so far! 4 months..that's not that long, it'll go fast..I just have to be strong :p Lots to do to get ready for them so that helps! I think I want to build their coop out of pallets..

Thanks! ..Tell me about it :) Spring seems so far! 4 months..that's not that long, it'll go fast..I just have to be strong :p Lots to do to get ready for them so that helps! I think I want to build their coop out of pallets..
Glad to hear your going to recycle pallets for your coop. I made my goat a big house out of pattets. So many things can be recycled. Pallet wood can be made into wonderful items. I would love to see pics of your coop when you are finished and your girls when you get them.

Glad to hear your going to recycle pallets for your coop. I made my goat a big house out of pattets. So many things can be recycled. Pallet wood can be made into wonderful items. I would love to see pics of your coop when you are finished and your girls when you get them.

Cool! I'm finding great designs for coops made from pallets on Pinterest :) . I have a ton of scrap wood I've salvaged from the hurricanes I can use too, but the pallets for their coops seems perfect because they are about the right height..ventilated..i could stuff them with straw in the winter for warmth and keep them open in the summer for air.. I won't have to cut them..etc.. I will for sure be posting pictures of them when I get them! Like a new mom I bet lol..and of their coops and runs and things as I get them together over this winter for when I want to get them in the spring.. Thanks again! :) <3

Oh I'm so excited for you! I voted and can't wait to see pics! I, for one, love pictures!

Thank you so much!! They said I am getting a lot of votes, I think I might have a chance of winning! Would be crazy :) Would make it so easy to buy all the fencing I need if I do..The wood I can salvage, but the fencing is pricey! Hoping I can find some on Craigslist used but seems unlikely.. I'll post more photos here as I take them since nobody seems to mind. Finally got an old cell phone to take photos with! :)

Sooooo..I had to be flexible and adjust my plan. I read that you can't really get chicks in the winter and that you can't really get them till March. Then that once you get them you keep them inside for two months anyway. I didn't want to wait till March and then 2 more till May to put them outside, and then another 6 months for eggs so after talking to about 100 chicken people I thought I had better get them now if I wanted any before March, so I started looking for them and found two of the breeds I was looking for and Tuesday, I bought them! Made up a home made brooder, and I have 5 two week old chicks! Won't be keeping them all.. I got 2 salmon favorerolle baby hens, one is for a friend.. 2 buff silkies..no idea if they are hens or roosters, if they are roosters I can't keep them but I already have homes set up for them if they are roosters, if they are both hens I'll keep one and find a home for the other.. and I got one that was supposed to be a salmon faverolle, It is not lol but would be awesome if it turns out to be an easter egger HEN like I think it is, though I'm a little concerned because I must say it is so cocky, if its a girl its a plucky little girl! It's the only one of them that is ''strutting'' :) I'm exhausted..I love them with all my heart..This is the most fun I've ever had though I am terrified they're going to die from some disease they picked up at the feed store..could happen, especially since one has a mild conjunctivitis that is clearing up with saline solution but is deeply concerning to me. If it's not completely 100% well by tomorrow I'm going to return her, I'd return her today but can't get down there today.. She is completely well aside from one eye being smaller than the other and slightly irritated looking. I didn't even notice till half way through the first night though I had looked them over as well as I could in the chaos at the shop and very well once I got them home, still took me some time to notice..it's subtle. The shop owner told me she has the right medications to treat her and will make sure she gets good care. If the eye doesn't recover she'll just keep her, she has countless chickens..I haven't told my friend I was able to get her for her yet so she would never even know better if I return her. Just hope whatever she has, the others don't get! And that it's not something dangerous.
I did not know they like to be talked to and held and petted like this right from the start! I thought they would freak out and struggle... and Now I HAVE to have their coop and runs ready outside by December whether I win the the FPC grant Dec 1st. or not, so this will just encourage me to get things done :) I have 5 now but will be back down to 1 2 or 3 soon depending which are hens. If the easter egger, and at least one silkie are hens, best case scenario. I will have those 2 along with the salmon faverolle=3, If they are all 3 roosters I could end up with just the salmon faverolle hen... Still looking for a bantam Araucana, and want a Key West Gypsy chick too. :) Anyone know any bantam Araucana breeders in Florida? or anywhere? :p

20170512_031447.jpg
ohhh and I know I'm only allowed to have 4 but I figure the silky doesn't even count..If they ever say anything I'll just say that's not a chicken, I'm not sure what that is, it just showed up or..that is muppet not chicken... Something like that... ?

Attachments

• 20170512_033331.jpg
    20170512_033331.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 4
View attachment 1169984 ohhh and I know I'm only allowed to have 4 but I figure the silky doesn't even count..If they ever say anything I'll just say that's not a chicken, I'm not sure what that is, it just showed up or..that is muppet not chicken... Something like that... ?
Good luck sexing the silkie. I couldn't sex mine until either they crowed or layed an egg! Beautiful chicks~ So glad you went and got them. And don't be afraid to photo bomb this thread with pics of those adorable chickies! :love:love

Back
Top Bottom