• Cheryl's place in Lafayette

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OrpingtonManor

Building the Castle
11 Years
Nov 15, 2008
Martinez, CA
We've talked and talked for weeks. We seem to agree that we want to bring chickens for swapping. We couldn't find parks that would let us do that. We have narrowed down the choices to the following:

Cole Creek Center in Kelseyville, near Clear Lake - suggested by kelseygirl
it belongs to her parents, and would not cost anything

Gold County Fairgrounds in Auburn - suggested by suzettex5
we aren't sure if it is available, and there is a $160 fee if we can get the small animal barn

Grassy area near the Mandarin packaging warehouse, in Penryn - suggested by suzettex5
it is available, and would not cost anything

Cheryl's place in Lafayette - suggested by cherylcohen
it would not cost anything, but there has been a case of Marek's on the property in recent months, so biosecurity would be an issue to discuss heavily.

For more info, or to read the discussion, please check out our Chickenstock thread...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=304383&p=1

Good job!

If it ends up being a close vote between two that I didn't pick I want to re-vote!
wink.png

You probably should take my place off the list because I don't want anyone to take anything home, unless we can hermetically spray everyone as they leave my house LOL
lau.gif

What is Grassy area by mandarin packaging warehouse in Penryn. Is it nice? shady, water, bathrooms available?

Has anyone asked John at Alamo if he knows a place?

Also remember that at the Cole Creek Center, there is a BBQ pit, 2 bathrooms, swimming pool, 120 Acres of beautiful land, the state park campground, fishing, and the arena that everything would be set up is covered and cool from the June heat. Plenty of parking, and best of all it's completely free.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Also I want to add, we have tables and chairs available for the event too. We can eat under the covered arena or under beautiful oak trees. All is available for the BYC group.

Last edited:
I think now that the place in Kelsyville sounds like a really good choice. It looks like it has the most to offer. The fairgrounds are nice too, but free is great, and a campground area sounds very family friendly!

How long till the poll closes?

Back
Top Bottom