w.t.b hatching peafowl eggs :]

duck&chickencrazy

Songster
11 Years
Dec 2, 2008
Indiana
im looking to buy some peafowl eggs...;please pm me if you have some or know of someone that has some for a reasonable price...thankyou
clap.gif

honestly you are better off buying live peachicks. peafowl eggs are tough to hatch... buying chicks is a sure thing.
Hopkins peafowl is in Indiana. look them up online. They have a great website and they are very active in the UPA. Craig will treat you right
smile.png

I have a Dickey incubator and have ordered peafowl eggs online aswell as hatched my own in it. I have hatched almost every egg I put in it and had peachicks out my ears, LOL. I also will let the peahen set them for awhile, or a broody turkey and then put them in the bator. If you order eggs online, always try to find a place close by to purchase them. The closer the better for shipping and hatching.

Yes laying season is coming to an end. I ship hundreds of peafowl eggs every year. This is my 4 year shipping without one egg BROKEN!! Yes they can be hard to hatch, by last 4 eggs auction. i shipped 5 and 4 had form at 14 days.

IMO most lose them right before they hatch, humidity to low the last week.

If you have luck hatching turkeys, peafowl about the same.

With all shipped eggs, remember cost of eggs plus shipping is cheaper than live birds. But dont expect more than 50% hatch rate.

With getting peachicks, better to get birds older as the first weeks are when most people lose them.

Back
Top Bottom