WA State. Accidental chicken rescuer

Wilrausure

Chirping
Sep 20, 2019
Live in Washington State. Woman of 62 years who came into rescusing chickens by accident. Had an acre of land and someone had a disabled chicken then it was an injured chicken sick so and so forth..it grew lol. I had cancer .. going through some intensive treatments for radiation, chemo and surgeries. Since I lived by myself I could not be out with my flock of 55 as often as I otherwise would have consequently to my flock being vulnerable and was killed off one by one is short order from 55 to 7 in the months. Showing up and chasing off predators everyday keep my flock safe for yes but no more. I am cancer free right now and have started taken in more chickens who are injured and and/or need extra attention. Chickens have taught me a lot about life, perseverance and how they are loveable and tough. I have developed a system where they have play pens free from predators above or on the ground. One of the groups gets to free range when I am home for the day with the next group coming out the next day. Otherwise everyone stays in their play pens with all being shut in at night. Not sure if this is what was needed to introduce myself lol

Hello and welcome! Glad you joined us. Way to go kicking cancer's butt!!! My Dad has been in remission for a few years now and even though he feels weak most days, he is the toughest man I know. I have lost loved ones to cancer as well and anyone that battles cancer is so incredibly tough, in my opinion. Looking forward to interacting with you

Hello and welcome! Glad you joined us. Way to go kicking cancer's butt!!! My Dad has been in remission for a few years now and even though he feels weak most days, he is the toughest man I know. I have lost loved ones to cancer as well and anyone that battles cancer is so incredibly tough, in my opinion. Looking forward to interacting with you
Thank you so much. My love for animals have kept me going. Chickens, dogs and cats lol When I was building my play pens for the chickens I had to drag out a chair so I could sit and do some of the work or to rest. I get your father and send my best wishes. I will have to be checked for its return every 3 or now 6 months but I feel blessed. TYTY again. :)

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
I'm glad you are now cancer free and hopefully will be able to continue to protect your flock.
My new system allows me not to worry like I did before. TY I am sooo lucky to have found this site. I visited this site for info all the time but never thought to join in the discussion lol how silly I missed out all these years.

Thank you so much. My love for animals have kept me going. Chickens, dogs and cats lol When I was building my play pens for the chickens I had to drag out a chair so I could sit and do some of the work or to rest. I get your father and send my best wishes. I will have to be checked for its return every 3 or now 6 months but I feel blessed. TYTY again. :)

Your love for the animals and rescue work has literally kept them going as well :love You're a gift to them, just as they are to you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for your kind words to my Dad.

Back
Top Bottom