Wacky crooked coop

Love it...i would go woth bright wacky volors to match the style of the coop... Oranges and yellows teals and pinks...all as bright as possible!

http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/swedish-flower-hens/
This is where my chicks are from. I think they are pretty awesome so far. I can't wait for them to grow up and feather out.
smile.png

I'm currently waiting for some Swedish Flower Hen eggs to hatch. I have a friend here locally who has them in her incubator - they're due on the 30th and I'm so excited! :)

When I saw your house, I thought of Alice In Wonderland right away - something with brighter colors. I like green, but I think this house lends itself to something special! Kind of like THIS ONE but without the tea cups - LOL! If you don't like the brighter colors, you could always go with muted pastels. I do a lot of painting and decorating, so PM me if you would like me to get you some color ideas that would fit your liking.

I just LOVE this coop!

Disney's Main Street in their Paris park could also serve as some good inspiration if you really don't like bright, bright colors. Check out this blog with tons of pictures - the buildings are colorful but tasteful and pretty - some of these combinations might work for your coop. If you have questions let me know. I have a great eye for color, no matter what your favorite pallet is
smile.png

Click here to see photos!

We got one side done. Then a big storm came in and we got rained out. :( we need the rain so desperately. But the timing sucks. It has not rained in months and now that we need to be outside mother nature is playing catch up. I don't know what I want to do with colors. I am honestly out of my depth. My house is an English Tudor. So brick, beige stucco and dark brown wood battens. I had asked for just a plain little shed and I was going to paint it beige and brown so it didn't detract from the house. But my husband got a little out of control. ;) this is his prototype for the playhouse he wants to make for the kids. He wants to do a wacky playhouse up on stilts and have it look like weathered boards from a ship wreck. Then have the swing beam run between that and a mast with a crows nest and flag. Then he wants to deck it all out with ships rigging to climb up onto the deck/playhouse with a slide off the playhouse. And probably a big old hammock off one corner. Etc. He thinks big. :) http://gardenviewcottage.blogspot.com/2012_02_01_archive.html The playhouse from the second post down on this page is really much more my speed. But I am having fun with this none the less. :)

Well, Alice in Wonderland is English right? And I remember lots of farmsteads with the white stucco, but always trimmed in BRIGHT primaries. Usually a robin's egg blue, or a saturated red.

Oh, I am not opposed to color. It is just going to take me a little while to wrap my head around it. I am a little more.... Subdued.

This is what we have been using as reference.
http://www.danielswoodland.com/playhouses.php

But I hope the weather cooperate because this needs t be done. I came home from running errands and my six year old said he had given the chicks some feed. I didn't think anything of it. Then a few minutes a heard them cheeping. I thought they would be asleep in their brooder, so the noise surprised me. I went out to the garage to check on them and was treated by 21 chicks running up to me to see if I had treats for them! Small person neglected to tell me that he had let them loose in the garage!

Oh, I am not opposed to color. It is just going to take me a little while to wrap my head around it. I am a little more.... Subdued.
This is what we have been using as reference.
http://www.danielswoodland.com/playhouses.php
But I hope the weather cooperate because this needs t be done. I came home from running errands and my six year old said he had given the chicks some feed. I didn't think anything of it. Then a few minutes a heard them cheeping. I thought they would be asleep in their brooder, so the noise surprised me. I went out to the garage to check on them and was treated by 21 chicks running up to me to see if I had treats for them! Small person neglected to tell me that he had let them loose in the garage!

I love the dark green weathered look! Especially if you put the tin can looking chimney on it. Such a cute look...and I can see your husbands pirate vision. Lucky kids! Arrrrrrgggg!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom