Wait... so I am not French?/ more pics

Momoftres

Songster
Sep 18, 2020
So I was told when I bought this sweet girl she was a blue copper Marans. I don’t think she is. I’m thinking that she’s a Langshan... Or is she’s something else? She definitely has the U-shaped more so when she walks then on the picture. And very dark brown eyes.

Attachments

• D5567215-1312-40A5-9FD3-522FBB35FD5D.jpeg
    D5567215-1312-40A5-9FD3-522FBB35FD5D.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
Where did you get her? She could be any one at this point. When she gets older she should have gold in the hackle, but even if she doesn't it's still not a sure-fire shot. Langshans are usually much taller and have a shorter back which lends to the U shape but you cannot tell at this point. You may have to find out when she's older.

Where did you get her? She could be any one at this point. When she gets older she should have gold in the hackle, but even if she doesn't it's still not a sure-fire shot. Langshans are usually much taller and have a shorter back which lends to the U shape but you cannot tell at this point. You may have to find out when she's older.
I bought her from a lady who has a pullet farm. She told me she bought her from a hatchery. She also sold me 2 buff Orpington pullets. She had her advertised as a blue copper Marans.

She seems to have a rudimental crest and her overall appearance leads me to think that she is a mix, very beautiful, but not a pure Marans.
She does not have a crest, rudimental or otherwise. I didn’t realize that brown eyes aren’t a Marans trait. I’d be inclined to believe it’s a Langshan as well.

She does not have a crest, rudimental or otherwise.
Zooming in on your first picture, it looked as if. Must have been the angle as in the later added pictures it does not seem so.

Did you take a look at the pictures of the link I provided?

Whatever might be hidden in her genes, she is a beautiful pullet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom