Wait, what?!?!? (Rant)

My friends might (do, actually) include people who could care less that I have chickens, or know that that black thing over there is an Australorp. But they do not include people who would be jerky enough to disparage them, or me for owning them.

If you live your life by other peoples standards, you're not living your life.

I don't waste time with people who won't accept me for the things I enjoy, they don't have to be involved, they don't have to like these things for their own life... just accept me for the person that I am. If they try to make me give up what I enjoy, or won't reciprocate acts of friendship, then I don't waste my time with them.

Time for her to get herself raked over the hot coals when she chooses to lose friendship over your chickens! If the tables were turned by her giving up her dear pet, she would have done the same thing by dumping you for her pet.

People are ignorant when they think they can "control" you to decide that friendships are better than pet ownership. You can dump your friends but you can never dump your beloved pets, the responsibility, caring and loving the animals that depends on you.

Well said, Silly Chicken!

Last edited:
Just be yourself, My youngest son who is 15 had his hair dyed dark blue, he loves to wear black why its his favorite color he is 6'1" tall, is he goth He tells everyone don't label me I am just me, He names one of my EE chicks recluse (after the brown recluse spider), When we get the farm he can't wait to help. He tells everyone that I am just who I am accept me or don't your choice. I say your friend lost a really great friend and someday will regret making that choice. Good luck and enjoy who you are with your chickens

Quote:
Right, exactly. Most of my friends do not have chickens, most wouldn't want them. I even have a friend who I recently reconnected with who said "I'm shocked you have chickens" and when I asked why he said "because they're such filthy animals." I was offended at first, but he had never even seen my chickens, and when I asked him the last time he's even seen chickens in person was, he said never! So I just decided he's ignorant and I know better and that's what matters.

But a friend who outright rejects or mocks me in a deliberately mean way?? SEE YA.
smack.gif
That's not even a real friend.

Sounds to me like you lucked out. Friends like that you don't need. Ever. You might send her a post, though, thanking her for helping you find out who your real friends are....

Good for you! I can see someone not liking chickens,but to demand you not like thm too seems sooooo bullyish on their part. You are right in no friend would tell you to give up something that brings you pleasure...unless ofcourse it was harming you in some way.Harmful or not you would expect people to express themselves,but not place demands on you. Move on.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I think everyone does at some point in their lives though. I still get people who look at me funny when I tell them what I do for a living. I get looks like I'm from another planet if someone gets me to talking fish and I forget who I'm talking to...I've just finally reached a point where I don't care. Sounds like you have too.
hugs.gif

Quote:
A warning light didn't go off here?
hu.gif

I know who my real friends are. They're the ones that are asking me if they can come over and see my chickens. They're the ones that are helping me decide what breed I should get next. They're ones that are standing in line waiting to see and asking if the can have one out of the next hatch. Everyone else, take a number. I don't have the time to deal with anyone that tries to stop me from being me.

So what if I'm "Goth"?
roll.png
So what if I love country life? So what? I am who I am. If you can't handle that, step aside and let my real friends hang with me.

Real friends will bring you up, not down. They will be honest with you, even for your own good. Goth has been around for decades..I had plenty of "goth" friends in the 80s..most of them were very messed up people and continued to have very messed up lives...some of them had brains...it sounds like YOU have brains..just remember...we all go through stages in life and sometimes we think we are being ourselves...when around the corner comes a brand new you.....you made the right decision.....big hug.
hugs.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom