Waiting….

My2butterflies

Crowing
Apr 14, 2020
Minnesota
Back in June we placed an order from the guinea farm. They booked up really fast for color specific orders! Leaving September the soonest they could fill our order. The 14th or 21st were our possible ship dates.
The 14th came and went…. Then the evening of the 21st I received an email. They are having trouble filling color specific orders and pastel in particular. They asked if I would be willing to substitute. Even though I planned not to from the beginning, I did go ahead and pick a couple other colors I’d be willing to receive in place of pastel.
I do understand that in hatching birds there are no guarantees and it’s only fair to be willing to be flexible. Hopefully this is a better week for the pastel hatches!
Today will be a long day waiting to hear if my birds will ship this week or not. And what colors they end up sending.

Thanks!

They just called! Unfortunately, the pastel guineas didn’t give them eggs for a couple weeks. I could have picked to wait longer and get the pastels still, but it is steadily getting colder here at night. So I opted to get substitutes instead.
I really appreciate them keeping in touch and giving options. Very nice people. And it sounds like my order will go out today then! Yay!

Now to spend the day getting everything ready for when the littles arrive 😁

Thanks!

They just called! Unfortunately, the pastel guineas didn’t give them eggs for a couple weeks. I could have picked to wait longer and get the pastels still, but it is steadily getting colder here at night. So I opted to get substitutes instead.
I really appreciate them keeping in touch and giving options. Very nice people. And it sounds like my order will go out today then! Yay!

Now to spend the day getting everything ready for when the littles arrive 😁
What the current order being shipped? I still don’t know if my new keets are all violets or if there is a pastel in there… At any rate, I’ve called our sickly keet “Pastel” so many times now that I’m pretty sure that’s her name!

Attachments

• 17DB0E63-0797-43D7-BEC1-2DA8936A6A61.jpeg
    17DB0E63-0797-43D7-BEC1-2DA8936A6A61.jpeg
    482.8 KB · Views: 1
What the current order being shipped? I still don’t know if my new keets are all violets or if there is a pastel in there… At any rate, I’ve called our sickly keet “Pastel” so many times now that I’m pretty sure that’s her name!
So cute! :loveLooks pastel to me!
Yes, my current order will be sent out tonight😁 It will just have a different color or two instead of pastel. Perhaps I’ll get lucky and hatch pastels in the future.

I was hoping since the guinea farm is only 5hrs or so from my house that they’d arrive today. It’s 9am and no call from the post office, so I guess they will be here tomorrow. Tracking still shows Cedar Rapids IA.
Im so anxious I hardly got any sleep last night😝 I have everything setup and ready for when the littles arrive.

I was hoping since the guinea farm is only 5hrs or so from my house that they’d arrive today. It’s 9am and no call from the post office, so I guess they will be here tomorrow. Tracking still shows Cedar Rapids IA.
Im so anxious I hardly got any sleep last night😝 I have everything setup and ready for when the littles arrive.
You sound like me, sterilize the water bottle, put the non-slip down in the brooder and incubator. Look at items for brooder on amazon...perches, toys...hmm.,what about a washable waterproof pad? Oh, wait, they're birds. BABY birds, but still....🤔🤗

Back
Top Bottom