Waiting for the $1000 eggs 🥴

If they don't start laying soon, I always give them a few tablespoons of Omega Egg Maker in their feed. I have an automatic feeder, so I put some feed in a cottage cheese carton mixed with the Egg Maker and put it on the ground. They love it and it does prompt them to start laying. It is expensive - $15 for a bag, but it lasts a long time. Good luck. Merry Christmas!
Thank you for the tip, I will try that! Merry Christmas 🎄

So, found this cute little egg this morning. Unfortunately it wasn’t from the pullets I’ve been watching, this came from the youngest Cemani in my Cemani flock. Maybe she’s been influenced by the hens in her group that are laying? She’s a little older than my OGs, not by much. Still waiting…
0235E674-D817-40DB-8534-F7E9EFAE0964.jpeg
8AB55F82-9665-4AE2-9BD1-8183AD042F15.jpeg

I’m sure you all have been waiting as anxiously as me (😂), and here it is! My first egg and THE first egg - isn’t it a beauty? It was as big as my Cemani eggs - not too shabby 😃 I think it is Ginger’s, she was making a lot of noise today and kept trying to scratch out a spot under my chair in the coop. I found it in the run right by some hay. It’s going to be a Christmas ornament 🎄
0D8BC7A3-78E8-4412-9DED-360D604CB32F.jpeg
AA1628DA-C68F-489C-BBFB-41FF82F3EA24.jpeg
F9D603D9-F2F8-483B-9980-333BF9FB9436.jpeg

Also, are the girl's that have been squatting looking around for a good place for a nest yet?
I was shocked and surprised that my girls are actually laying INSIDE the nest. Sooo happy about that. Thing is I have no clue who is doing it. Perhaps today (it is supposed to be a bit warmer) I will go out there and start looking at faces to see what I see. Maaaybe I will try the approach them to see if submissive thing. See, usually I do not touch my flock :rolleyes: .

I’m sure you all have been waiting as anxiously as me (😂), and here it is! My first egg and THE first egg - isn’t it a beauty? It was as big as my Cemani eggs - not too shabby 😃 I think it is Ginger’s, she was making a lot of noise today and kept trying to scratch out a spot under my chair in the coop. I found it in the run right by some hay. It’s going to be a Christmas ornament 🎄View attachment 3355647View attachment 3355648View attachment 3355650
I am clapping profusely for yaw'll. Congrats!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom