Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop..........

Rubyegg

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
Winter Haven, FL
I read,read,read. Did 6 months minimum of research, (Thank you BYC!) Made sure I was totally prepared for my new babies. We've had our 6 BO chicks for a week now and they are the quietest and sweetest little things. They are just fantastic with no issues at all so far. In dog breeding there is a saying; The first 3 weeks they belong to God. Which means they could be lost anytime during the first 3 weeks and you more than likely couldn't do anything about it, nor have prevented it, it just is. But these little ones I hardly notice, not picking on each other, not alot of cheeping at all (I wanted BOs because they were quiet but these are like stealth chickens) eating well, drinking, and not even pasty butt. I'm hoping it continues. Aside from the fact that these are the most boring clutch in the world, I'm thanking BYC members and God for the time being!
big_smile.png

I can believe stealth chickens. I also have 4 BO chick. They are quiet. Really only peep when I take them out of the brooder to clean it out. I love that they have been so terrific. I have one that has already decided its head chicken. I stick my hand in and it goes into protective mode. These are terrific chicks for me since I'm a first timer and specifically looked for quiet, friendly chickens to get. Good luck with yours. I hope you are ready for their stealth mode when they get a little bigger. Check out what can happen in the Wild Party in the Brooder thread on here. Gives you a new perspective on what they may actually be up to.

Thanks all! Yes MacLady I've seen that thread and it's simply hysterical! I haven't had chickens for 30 years and those were in MI and my Grandmothers (Barred Rocks) But I was told at the Feed Store here when I first started making inquiries, that this was the deal; The first neighbor that complains, they are gone, simple as that. I am in Unincorporated county, with no real land to speak of, High privacy fences. And I decided that quiet and good layers was what I wanted and not many. The neighbor to my west is an older couple and she just loves to listen to my Parrot chatter and squeal all day, (No REALLY! She's actually came to my door and knocked to tell me this! weird) So I'll give them eggs and we'll be good. The neighbor on my other side is never home and I doubt he'll care if he even notices. So it is very important to me that they are quiet and good neighbors but I expected a little louder then this! lol We all check on them constantly to see if they're alive or not and anytime we do they look at us like they're saying "what?" The most darling thing is one of them will literally RUN over when you drop your hand flat in the brooder and jump in! I really am thrilled and just really please with this clutch and didn't expect that I'd fall in love with the little buggers and want MORE.

Chickens..........they're like a Gambling Addiction you get sucked into after winning one hand!

What is the opposite of stealth chickens? Shock and Awe chickens? I think that's what I must have. I need earplugs!

Your chicks do indeed have a rather... well... stealthy look about them. No better word for it. Getting ready to engage in undercover orps. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom