: ( waiting for the vet to call

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
He saw our Aussie Monday afternoon. Jack has slowed down over the last month and suddenly last week started having a really tough time getting around. The vet found a mass on his liver and long story short, Jack is having a tough time breathing this afternoon. He had seemed like he was comfortable enough to maybe make it through the weekend so we could spend a little more time with him but it's looking like we're not doing him any favors letting him hang on. Such a hard decision even though I know it's going to be made in a matter of days anyway. Our vet is off on Wednesdays so I put in an emergency call to see if he'll meet us tonight rather than prolonging this. No call back yet.

hugs.gif

I am sorry that you are having to do this. Know that you have had a good life with Jack and you have given him as good of life as you could. Knowing that- perhaps not right now, will help you feel some ease when the day is done.
Many blessings and give yourselves ease knowing it is what needs to be done.
hmm.png

Thanks everyone, he's gone. I went to check on him and he'd stopped breathing. I'm sobbing but I'm okay. I wished I'd stayed right with him but I didn't realize how close he was to going on his own. Just then the vet called of course.
I'm so sorry for your MIL and her Aussie too Equibling. My parents went through this with their dog in June too. Jack was a rescue so we never really knew how old he was. At least 11 and maybe more like 13.
Hugs back to all.

I am so sorry for your loss.

My moms Amstaff was diagnosed with a tumor on his liver before Christmas. Some how he is still going

ooh, i am so sorry!
hit.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
he was loved very much and he knew it....alot of dogs dont have that in life..your guy was blessed to have you.
hugs.gif

I am so sorry about your friend. It's so hard to say goodbye but I'm glad to know that you care so much about him that you don't want him to suffer.

Back
Top Bottom