My hens are now past point of lay going on 6 months of age now. Due to day length I appreciate my orpingtons may not start till day length increases again. However their wattles have developed and now look a deeper red and they seem calmer. I have put two dummy eggs in the nest boxes. How much longer should i be before I decide to sell them if nothing happens? Should I wait till spring then if nothing materialises decide to sell them?