Big R chicks

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

I have 9 hens. 3 of those are older and from my first flock. The other 6 are from some chicks I purchased in June of last year. They started laying at Christmas time. I recently rescued a chick from Tractor Supply. They offered it free to a good home (it was a bit bullied by it's flockmates), and I took it. Since it was obviously lonely, I picked up a younger, Barred Rock chick to keep it company and they love each other. To round off my chick season this year, I am picking up two EE chicks tomorrow at a local feed store. He gets them in every other week and the sell out almost immediately. So, the shipment gets there at noon, and I'm leaving work early to make sure I get my two. This will give me a flock of 13! Lucky 13. Can't wait!

Cute fat babies! We use regular pine shavings for their litter, I've never had a problem with them trying to eat it if you show them where the feeder is.

Adorable chicks! X2 on what Mountain Peeps and Devastating said. I like to give my chicks some Apple cider vinegar and garlic (and a few other things) in their water to get them off to a good start. Also yogurt is really good for new chicks. After a couple days give them a dust bathe. Even young chicks like to dust, and it is great entertainment for them! Enjoy those baby's before they grow up!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom