Waiting Waiting Waiting

jodiea60

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 18, 2011
Arkansaw
WAITING for the phone to ring and the post office to say come and get these noisy little buggers.... My first, I feel like an expectant momma.

I feel for you!
hugs.gif
My chicks are six weeks old, now, but I still remember the waiting. At least I had a whole group of people on BYC waiting with me. We had a whole thread filled with the drama that goes along with chicks in transit at the mercy of the USPS.

We are right there with you! Ours are supposed to ship today, so tomorrow and Friday the kids and I will be right there by the phone. We rented "Rio" because the kids wanted a bird movie and they watched "Surf's Up" yesterday so they could see Chicken Joe.
smile.png

Me too! I have chicks coming on 9/6 from My Pet Chicken....leghorns and BO's. Also have eggs in lock down....hatch day on Friday! Boy, the waiting is tough and I'm literally sitting on my hands. I'm going to take everyone's advice and go out to lunch with a friend for distraction:p

We ordered from Chickens for Backyards and have 5 chicks coming. If I had done more research, we may have chosen a breeder or a different hatchery, but we're keeping our fingers crossed for happy, healthy chicks!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

So I asked where everyone ordered from but was rude enough not to say mine are coming from Ideal Poultry! I hope they all arrive alive and peeping!

They are here!!! 9 lively little buggers....soooo excited.....But I have a issue and I don't know if this is common or not.....Ordered 5 silkies and 5 cochin bantams on 7-29-11....Said they would ship on 8-29....which they did...On the 29th I had a message and email from hatchery that they couldn't fill the cochin part of my order....said they could sub extra silkies and some frizzles....So I call and say that is ok they were closed at 1pm these days...left a message....didn't hear anything socalled again at noon on tues...they said they went ahead and did the subing and shipped them....I am fine with this....Pick up chicks this am 9 healthy chicks....I originally ordered 10- they couldn't get me what I wanted then short me!!!! Is this common? I expected maybe an extra or 2 and then with the substitutions I really thought I would get extras!!!
roll.png

Quote:
I would have thought the same as you. Substitute and they would at least give an extra or two. I would call them and explain that you only received 9 instead of 10 and see what they say. Congrats on your new fuzzers!

Back
Top Bottom