Waiting!!!

Chickie12345

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2024
Soooo..... Day 17
Nothing happening
Freaking out
Hope quailies are OK only got 6 eggs was trying it out!
Made some mistakes, only got a reptile breeding machine but managed to keep temp. And Humid sort of right, up to now no egg has exploded and they are all totally dark but no movement or poking do I have to worry, and when can I say for sure they won't hatch 💙🥚🙏

I'd guess you could say they won't hatch at all if they don't by day 20.

Are you sure your temperature didn't get too high for a little while?
Is your thermometer calibrated?

What have you been keeping the humidity at?

It did right at the start but not for long, I'm still waiting it's day 24 I just took an egg out what was light while I candled it, I cracked it and it was only a fleshy thing so it tried but then stopped, the others got a greenish bubble at the top and rest is dark, I don't want to open them as if they are alive I don't want to kill them 😭
I guess I'm a rubbish quail momma

It did right at the start but not for long, I'm still waiting it's day 24 I just took an egg out what was light while I candled it, I cracked it and it was only a fleshy thing so it tried but then stopped, the others got a greenish bubble at the top and rest is dark, I don't want to open them as if they are alive I don't want to kill them 😭
I guess I'm a rubbish quail momma
I will wait another 5 days if nothing happens I will open them 😔

I'd guess you could say they won't hatch at all if they don't by day 20.

Are you sure your temperature didn't get too high for a little while?
Is your thermometer calibrated?

What have you been keeping the humidity at?
I know what went wrong 😔 temperature was to low I just believed the incubator so when it shows 38 it is actually just 36 😭 just figured it out

I’m sorry about your eggs. I never trust the incubator readings. Place your own thermometers and hygrometers around the incubator floor and monitor them.

I know what went wrong 😔 temperature was to low I just believed the incubator so when it shows 38 it is actually just 36 😭 just figured it out
Sorry to hear that your just learning this but glad you now know to not trust the temp or humidity reading on any incubator.

Buy some of these:
Govee Hygrometer Thermometer H5100, Mini Bluetooth Temperature Humidity Sensor with APP Notification Alert, 2 Years Free Data Storage Export, 230 Feet Connecting Range https://a.co/d/j1MPNo6

Sad news,
My quail where all dead not developed as birds but starting of in all of them. I can only say at least the air sack was really good and 1 egg had a bean size embryo and another one was with feathers so I haven't done all wrong, I will stay in this group as I am learning and don't want to give up... It's really knocked me though and I feel bad x

Back
Top Bottom