Wake up call

woodmort

RIP 1938-2020
9 Years
Jul 6, 2010
My neighbors (a half mile up the road) used to have a fairly good sized flock of guinea fowl but, for one reason or another, they have been whittled down to 3 cocks. Last spring I added 6 hens. Now those cocks have moved down here, spend the night roosting in a fir tree(even when it was 20 below last winter), and wait every morning for me to let the hens out of the coop. This is one of the males sitting outside our window first thing in the morning asking me to please let the girls out. Aw, never over estimate the power of sex.

Well, at least he's good looking!! Lucky girls to have such a handsome boyfriend!!
wink.png

I have one Male that is doing the very same thing....he roosts up in a tree near the enclosure that the female guinea goes into along with the drakes and ducks, this tree is positioned in the chicken hut and he gets up so very high and usually around 5pm, he then just sits and waits for morning until I let the others out, I call him my watch dog, he is guarding the enclosures and waiting fore them to get out and free range lol lol. Down here in Aus it is very chilly and he still sits up there no matter what the weather, even if it is pouring with rain! I just love them......

Back
Top Bottom