Wallaby on Craigslist

Sadly, Texas has several Wallaby breeders.
Different states have different laws on whether or not you can have them.

Most of them are taken from their mom at 6 months and bottled fed for alittle bit longer.
Some breeders actually ship them before they are fully weaned.

Quote:
that's sad.
sad.png

When I lived in TN I almost bought one, here in GA now and they are not allowed. The laws vary state to state, you have to contact the DNR.

Quote:
i thought the same thing.

I FL i think you would need a class 3 wildlife permit. THey are legal in most states. If you want them tame you have to handfeed them for some time.
There a lots of crazy animals that people breed, Capybara anyone??

My brother had an exotic game farm, and he had to have permits for some of the animals, and they did have a Wallaby. Her name was Joey and she had several little babies while they had her. Sold them for a fortune. He also bred cougars, and had to have federally inspected cages built for them. Bird permits must be really hard to get, because people would bring SIL some injured bird or something and she had to jump through hoops just long enough to nurse it back to health and then the game warden took it over.

I was just reading a wallaby rescue site and they release the wallabies back into the wild between 7 and 9 months from rescue. Everything I've been reading says that they make great pets. /shrug

Back
Top Bottom