Walmart prices higher than others

I've often found things cheaper outside of Walmart, but I have no problem shopping in there when it will benefit my own wallet. I buy my milk there, because that's the only place that carries it (Oakhurst Dairy), I'll buy my cereal there, cat litter and liners, stuff like that, very specific items. I don't buy produce there, no meats (I won't buy any meats that are 'sealed' in packages anyways, the gases they use aren't for our benefit, it's to keep meat that's on the edge looking fresh!), just grocery and household stuff that's cheaper there, that week, than anywhere else.

I get sale papers from a few grocery stores around town and shop/compare. Chicken prices at a small grocery store in town are WAY better than Walmart's as are cheese prices, milk, veggies, etc. They don't have all the things I buy so some stuff yes, I have to buy at Walmart.

But as others have said too, it sometimes means going to three different stores.

Some stuff I write which store I want to get the item from to save money
smile.png

We get out our ads too, and then make our list and plan the "loop." Start at the far end of town and make our way home, stopping at each store along the way. It's the only way to go!!

big_smile.png

I hit 4 stores. One has better produce prices, and fresh stuff. The other has better meat prices, and an actual butcher (I do order in spanish because my accent make him hard to understand me in english). The third has good prices on baking goods/canned goods, but it's a bulk store. The fourth has everything else.

I shop once a month with a list, hit all 4 stores in 1 day. Then its just smaller trips to the produce store for milk & fresh veggies.

Walmart has a few grab you prices on staples to make them look cheaper and they are high priced on everything else. I can fill up my shopping cart for under 70 bucks at my local grocer and don't have to drive out to the next town to get there. The local grocery store has a family dollar next door that covers many of walmarts draw in items. If neither of them have it then freds is right down the street, I almost never set foot in walmart.

I have been shopping at walmart for a while and Yes i have noticed how the prices have risen.
Can't quote one right off the top of my head but we go to ingles for meat and organic veggie's

Someone mentioned clothes dear lord the tshirts are so thin the tail rolls up after you wash them and the socks my son can wear a hole in them in no time.

I commented to a friend when there one day walmart has become the King of Low Prices for Crappy Products
gig.gif

Bought a drip coffee maker took it back the coffee was only lukewarm after it brewed
sickbyc.gif

I personally like Wal-Mart and agree with the poster that said No store can offer lowest prices across the board. My local grocer is higher than WM on most things. I go to MS to shop for food most of the time. They compete well with WM too. Neither of our local grocers are hurt by WM at all. They both have real butcher shops inside. WM is my place for electronics, a few clothes, and gardening stuff. Otherwise...it's wasteful to buy everything there. Oh and for those that get local ads...do you all know WM will price match EVERYTHING if you just take your paper in and show them the deal you can get elsewhere? I call that good competition. WM can not outdo our local grocers, but they sometimes save me gas money by being closer and price matching. They'll NEVER top any other places meats though. WM meat dept is severely LACKING!

Grocery prices are going up across the board. There is something that is making this happen and if you do the research you will find the answer. It is such a political thing that it would take this thread over.

I do not like Walmart for many reasons, but I have given up on their produce, it is below crap. I have given up on their clothes LONG ago. The Asian people are too small for models.

It is NOT just walmart that are raising prices, it is a national perhaps worldwide phenomena.

It is simple folks. We ship out our "staple" foods like wheat, corn and beans and we in turn receive the crap that other countries wish to dump at prices much higher than they import ours for. I will stop here, before I get mad.

I have atleast 3-4 stores I like to shop at for certain items.Used to be able to get so much food for $100 but not anymore.

And although I have nothing against China I was disappointed to see the garlic cloves I bought came from China.I just don't see a reason/need for companies to import garlic from China.I will grow my own this year.

Back
Top Bottom