Walmart prices higher than others

I have just a few things I buy there, because of the cost or because we just like it better. Mostly because of price. I don't like their meats, I have a "feeling" about meat that is precut and then packaged when it gets to the store. I think that comes from having our own meat from good local farmers for years and working in a meat market and now being able to go to our little local grocery store and getting wonderful fresh cuts of meat. But, I do get our half-n-half there, its better for you in your coffee than the powdered chemical stuff, and no carbs, if that is your thing. I get the canned dogfood there I mix with their dry because they like it. Bananas and I did get onions there yesterday because they were 97 cents a bag. I shop at big stores 40 miles from us, because I love their variety, and they have good sales.

I have said for years than WM and credit cards are the ruination of this country. I know we can all throw some more in the pile, but there is a LOT left to be said about "one stop shopping." Aldi's is hard to beat, and have been skipping it because of the bad weather and having to have cash, since I don't have a debit. Getting back on track this week.

I try to stay out of Wal-Mart for many reasons but mainly because if I go in I always spend too much money. There are very few grocery items I buy from there because they don't usually stock the items I use most of the time and their prices aren't so great. My husband makes salsa for sale and he buys cilantro from there all the time but I agree with what other posters have mentioned about the produce being ick and the meat being sub-par (as well as expensive). The seafood they sell is scary!

What I spend money on in there mostly are household items, cleaning products and things like that. I try not to go except every few months so that is why I spend so much. I have a teenage daughter who runs me poor wanting new clothes all the time and I am finally beginning to impress upon her the wisdom that you can go to goodwill, search for a good name brand label and, on the right color day, pay .99 cents for it. Or you can go to wally world and buy something flimsy and cheap that will last two washes for $10 and you have to buy 3 of them so you can layer it enough that it isn't transparent.

By and large, even for cleaning products I find that if I watch my coupons and sale ads, I can get a better product for a similar price somewhere else.

i LOVE walmart! they are so good for large families, and their generic products are actually edible..we have yet to find better prices around here.
personally, i dont care for the smaller local businesses..they just arent that good in this area. their selection is too small, the prices are unreasonable and they dont sell things in large amounts.

I barely shop at walmart. It is only for things I can't get anywhere else, which isn't much.
I bought my new camera from Best Buy, also the memory card. They beat Walmart prices.
I agree that their clothes are thin. Every once in a while they will have some nice clothes for the kids. They never have shoes.
No way I am buying their horrible Ol' Roy dog food. Talk about the worst of the worst!

Even the people working there hate it. That speaks a lot about a store.
When other stores will price match, why give walmart your business.

I don't know about the horrible dog food, but honestly, their cat food prices are thru the roof!
ep.gif
I have never bought it there yet!

I've also so have heard Wal-mart workers say how much they dislike the place.

I shop Walmart when I'm shopping for my mother - but that woman wants some of the strangest things and I don't intend running all over town to fill her shopping list.
I've started doing most of my own shopping at Krogers. It's higher sometimes, but the selection they have is great and I get a Senior discount on Wednesdays, so......
I used to shop Food Lion, but found out this weekend it's owned by a company in Brussels. Nothing against Brussels, but I'd like to keep my money at least on this side of the pond...

I just saw a commercial that says they will match ANY competitors price. ANY?!?! Maybe that's why they are raising the prices--you know, kinda like you'd "have to see if it's true" type deal?? And truthfully, I think that statement alone would bring people in. Fact of the matter is, you have to prove someone else's lower prices.

Personally, I have pretty much boycotted Wal-Mart. There have been too many times when I ring something up (or the check out person does) and the price rings up much higher than was advertised. Then you have to wait 5-10 minutes for someone to answer the blinking light, then casually stroll back to where the item in question is, only to find out that yeah, it was marked lower. I've had too much of my time spent wasted in that store.

Our Wal-Mart matches any competitors price withing a 30 mile radius of the store. I take my mom shopping every week and she loves wal-mart. We shop the sale papers and do price over rides and coupons. That's how I feed my family, by using the sale papers. I do have to say that I've tried alot of generic foods and wal-marts food is actually edible compared to some. I do have to say their pet food is not comparable but their our Wal-mart sells livestock food as well. I don't buy their chicken feed but I will buy their scratch if I'm there and don't feel like stopping at the feed store. My chickens can't tell the difference the gobble it up
lau.gif

Are y'all talking about organic goat's milk or something? $5 per half seems insane to me...
But then I just buy the cheapie, storebrand (probably full of god-knows-what) cow's milk ...
got down to 1.99/gallon for a while, now it's back to 2.99 or 2/5.00 on sale.

Back
Top Bottom