wanna see my new stash of babies?

tazzy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 2, 2008
Kentucky
We have 35 chicks due to be delivered next week from Cackle and Meyer hatcheries, but I couldn't resist the new order in at TSC. I bought five buff orpingtons, five silver-laced wyandottes and five gold-laced wyandottes. Well, supposed silver and gold-laced. You never know with TSC! I even posted a separate thread on the "what breed am I" board to ask for sure what I have!

But they are so cute and I will love them no matter what they turn out to be as adults. Here you go (and those are our four week-old ducklings in with them. I had to separate them a few minutes later as the ducklings were pecking at them, but until then, it was cute.)

march23allchicks-1.jpg

Here's the whole boxful of 15.

amisilverlacedwyandottemarch23.jpg

closeup of one silver-laced wyandotte (supposedly the breed, at least!)

ducklingsandchicksonmarch23.jpg

everybody, including one pekin duck in the middle and a couple of baby mallards in the back.

ducklingsshakingheadonmarch23.jpg

just cause they're so cute, my ducklings!

yeah, hubby is already making plans to enlarge the chicken coop. right now they have a 13' x 10' area indoors and a 20' x 15' area outside. he is going to expand the outdoor coop and we're also going to start letting them have free range outside during the day.

of course, we are likely to end up selling some of the hens once they're older. there is a big market for young pullets in our area.

thanks! the "what breed am I thread" that I started is indicating that I have five easter eggers, five wyandottes, with one gold and four silver, and five buff orps.

so...the TSC stash always varies from what you expect!
smile.png

Super cute!! Yeah, I was going to suggest that you might find yourself with some EE's in that bunch and possibly BO's as well. I love mine so far. Neat breeds to raise!! And I just Adore that picture of your ducks!!!! Could they be any cuter?!

Back
Top Bottom