want buff orpington experts.. Pictures of BO #2 now up!

OK, I'm going to upload my BO #2, the one who I thought had roo potential in the first place... my jumpy one... the one who is always attacking and playing with everyone LOL! you know, the psycho one? heheheh... that was a different post LOL! BRB with photos momentarily

BO #2

Picture572.jpg

Picture573.jpg

Picture574.jpg

Picture575.jpg

Picture576.jpg

Picture577.jpg

Picture578.jpg

see how in the last one you can see the pink under the beak there? this is my suspicion.

any thoughts? I love the poofball bunny tail LOL!

you all think 100% on the first one though? no waiting for that one? its a for sure roo you think?

and I should wait on the second one perhaps?

The second one looks like a she-my 6-7 week old pullet looked like that for weeks--my roo-didnt look rooish until her was 4 weeks old! But Out of the egg-his comb was huge and yellow-I pegged him from day one

Quote:
My BO is psycho too! She is always the one to find the hole in the netting, she eats everything (when I say everything I mean it, I caught her trying to eat a piece of metal once!), and she FREAKS out when she's separated from Pansy, her best bud. Then she screams a ear-piercing cheep! But she makes up for by being a sweetie.
tongue.png

Sheeshshe, last year I ordered 4 BO's from My Pet Chicken. From the day they arrived one looked different from the others. They were all supposed to be pullets, but this one looked for all the world like a tennis ball with little stubby wings and a head. He was a rooster. Now the good news for you may be that one of the others had a very bright red comb from a few weeks of age, I was nearly certain that she was going to be a rooster as well, she developed red wattles early and had a taller comb than the other two pullets. But she was a pullet in the end. So if the only indication is the red comb and wattles I would wait and see.
Just my two cents.

really!!! thats interesting! Ok, well but in the first photos of the potential roo BO#1, they are saying the stance is roo... whatcha think of that one? throw in the towel? keep going? keep him/her till I see an egg or not? I just don't want to get further attached than I already am because Im SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo attached already. seriously.. this is what love is. LOL! perhaps Im a freak.. who knows.. but they are like my babies!

here is the first one again, the potential roo... notice how sweet this chick is?? its a lap chicken!! LOL for real. I don't want to have to give this sweet loving chick!

Picture579.jpg

Picture580.jpg

this chick will just lay there... awwww
smile.png

I had a thread about a month ago here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=169917 I think one of mine looks very similar to your #2.

Here are a few pics of my 8 week old buffs. You can see their combs are not very big. Your #2 doesn't seem to have a very big comb though. In fact she (he?) looks just like one of mine did at that age and I was concerned bc it was feathering out much slower than the others. As far as I know all three of my buffs are girls.

Here is one curious girl (Buttercup):
DSCI0359.jpg

Here's the one I was concerned about, can barely tell Pumpkin from the other now:
DSCI0360.jpg

Here's most of my flock hanging out, but you can get an idea of what my buffs look like (btw, the BR on the far left bottom IS a roo, my other roo is MIA in this pic):
DSCI0365.jpg

Back
Top Bottom