want buff orpington experts.. Pictures of BO #2 now up!

sheeshshe

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
would a buff orp start getting pink on the comb at 2ish weeks old? I have one thats getting pink. I wonder if buffs tend to do this early period or if this `100% means rooster. if rooster I dont' want to get any more attached than I already am.. I just want to cry right now. I don't want to give this bird away!!!

Last edited:
No - my three pullets were still very yellow at 5 wks old. At 13 wks, they are a dark pink color.

You may have a roo. Can you post a pic?

Mine at 5 1/2 wks old
24846_buff_orpingtons_55_wks_mar2909.jpg

I just raised 4 BO's they are 8weeks now. At about 2 weeks old my daughter came in one morning and said one of them turned into a rooster while we were sleeping! And you know what, I think it did! There was no guessing. We could really tell the difference. He kinda grew a little bit slower I thought. He now lives at my sisters. he been crowing (if you want to call it that, it sounds like his crower is broken) mfor about a week.
smile.png
My pullets combs at 8 weeks are still very yellow.

Last edited:
sad.png
This is making me want to cry. My favorite chick!!!!!! this is the biggest of all of my chicks... they are all the same age and this is the biggest one... also one of the ones getting feathers faster.

I took some pictures but you can't tell a thing I dont think...

Picture570.jpg

Picture568.jpg

Picture569.jpg

I think if I had them outside to take pictures it would look different, but they spaz when I take them out
big_smile.png
its fun ya know?

SHeeshshe-

Looks roo to me, especially at 2ish weeks old. Keep an eye on em for a little while. If he is a roo, you will definantly tell. Ive got 3 six week old pullets and they are still yellow combed. Keep us posted on his growing up.

Mike

well Im sad. I am now not convinced that my other is a female either. since "her" comb is defined as well. its not pink yet, but the wattles are becoming pink today...
sad.png
Im really frustrated. how could I get 2 for 2 ya know? I took some pictures and I'll upload later...

It's worth waiting a little longer. I have some girls with huge combs that I thought were boys until they started to lay eggs! Indiana Hens is right about the stance, however...No reason to panic, however, my BO roo is wonderful (and GORGEOUS)
christina

Back
Top Bottom