Want hens close to laying age, Northern VA - willing to travel

brownstoneranch

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Middletown
I am looking to buy 25 hens preferably from one farm. Looking for Black Copper Marans, Blue Ameraucanas, Astrolorps, Red Sex links. Willing to drive an hour or two to get what I need. Have seen only chicks locally.

Thanks,

Kim

Hi Kim! Not sure where in VA you are located, but I know that there are a few ads on Baltimore Craigslist for red sex link pullets that are ready to lay. I got one from a lady named Stacy in Baldwin MD that was advertised there a few weeks ago that is very sweet and healthy and should be laying any day now, and she had bunches more there on her farm for sale. So if you are willing to drive this direction- check out Craigslist!
Jordan

I haven't had any problem finding the Red Sex Links, just all the other breeds I want. There is a hatchery in Harrisonburg that is selling the sex links directly for $5.25 each. Harrisonburg is about 45 minutes from Middletown, VA where I live. :cool:They are all at laying age. I really want the Black Copper Marans and Blue Ameraucanas.

Thanks for responding!

Kim

I'm in the same boat! I love my red sex-link, but I really want to pick up a few of the same breeds you are looking for, and it's definitely been tough finding started pullets. Good luck with your search- I'll let you know if I come across any!

Kim, I have BC Maran chicks and Blue Am chicks now and more Ams due next week so I'm sure I will have a few extra pullets but they are currently only 2-4 weeks old so I can 't tell what's what yet. I am just south of Warrenton so not too far from you. Let me know if you don't find what you're looking for in about a month :) I will also have cochins and Dominiques.
Val

I sent you a private email. Email me or call me when you know the sex of the BC Marans and Blue Ameraucanas and how many you have to sell.

Thanks!
Kim

Back
Top Bottom