Who’s the best looking for show/genetics?

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
I have three roosters (and two cockerels but I’m not keeping them, I’ll still show them tho) but I’m wondering who is the absolute best rooster for show/breeding standards?

The red and yellow is Biscotti my 8 month old Swedish flower, he has some lacing around his chest and so far thankfully has suffered no comb lost or injuries

The black is Roocifer he is an Alaska ninja chicken 8th gen(the project so far has blue Brahma x blue laced red Wyandotte x bielefelder x Svarthöna) his comb doesn’t seem to have a name it’s just a mix, people have been calling it pinecone or pineapple. I’m unsure on his age but his feather coloration is either black w/silver leakage or birchen and his skin coloration is Fibro with red leakage(unless that’s hormones I have no clue how old he is, he’s at least a half a year old)

The fluffy one is Haku my Hademora, he’s about 6 months old, I’m not sure what the standard is for this breed I’ve seen many look very different.

The little black one is Bunny, he is hatched from my nearly 6 year old black sex link hen and my light Brahma rooster- he appears to have purple iridescent feathers and some sort of pea comb(?) along with nicely feathered legs. I love him so much and he might be my hens last change of having offspring but my other roosters were too expensive to get rid of.

The little yellow is Ari, his mom is either my one year old Buff chantecler (im betting that one) or my 2 year old red sex link, the dad I’m betting is my old light Brahma but based off the black leakage in his feathers it could be my old French black Copper maran.

TIA! I’m just doing this for fun! I like to see what looks people prefer in roosters (sorry LOT of pictures it’s hard to get good pictures of them, a few of those photos weren’t even taken by me)

Attachments

• IMG_4132.jpeg
    IMG_4132.jpeg
    352.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4131.jpeg
    IMG_4131.jpeg
    565.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    452.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4122.jpeg
    IMG_4122.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5534.jpeg
    IMG_5534.jpeg
    914.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_5533.jpeg
    IMG_5533.jpeg
    811 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5505.jpeg
    IMG_5505.jpeg
    369.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5504.jpeg
    IMG_5504.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5506.jpeg
    IMG_5506.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5391.jpeg
    IMG_5391.jpeg
    607 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5256.jpeg
    IMG_5256.jpeg
    361.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5253.jpeg
    IMG_5253.jpeg
    534.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    554.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5255.jpeg
    IMG_5255.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5252.jpeg
    IMG_5252.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    755 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5109.jpeg
    IMG_5109.jpeg
    768 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4999.jpeg
    IMG_4999.jpeg
    848 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4966.jpeg
    IMG_4966.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4964.jpeg
    IMG_4964.jpeg
    921.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4733.jpeg
    IMG_4733.jpeg
    667.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4734.jpeg
    IMG_4734.jpeg
    800.3 KB · Views: 28
I’m no genetics/show expert, but the red/yellow (Biscotti) looks the closest to perfect…. in my opinion. Beautiful. The comb stands straight, wattles look uniform, feathers lay very nicely, beautiful coloring, body and tail shape are really appealing, and the legs and feet look good as well. Roocifer is a beauty too (I’d love to have one like him), but I think Biscotti still looks a little more close to perfect. Roocifer has a gorgeous comb. Haku is a plump, adorable fluff ball that doesn’t appear to be fully grown-out yet.… so, I don’t know. No opinions on show/genetics for Bunny and Ari, except I think they’re precious! I’m ABSOLUTELY NO HELP to your project, but Good Wishes with showing them!

I’m no genetics/show expert, but the red/yellow (Biscotti) looks the closest to perfect…. in my opinion. Beautiful. The comb stands straight, wattles look uniform, feathers lay very nicely, beautiful coloring, body and tail shape are really appealing, and the legs and feet look good as well. Roocifer is a beauty too (I’d love to have one like him), but I think Biscotti still looks a little more close to perfect. Roocifer has a gorgeous comb. Haku is a plump, adorable fluff ball that doesn’t appear to be fully grown-out yet.… so, I don’t know. No opinions on show/genetics for Bunny and Ari, except I think they’re precious! I’m ABSOLUTELY NO HELP to your project, but Good Wishes with showing them!
Biscotti is my classic looking rooster for sure! He’s soooo sweet too. He’s my boss boy.
I heard Hademora are only going to be a little bigger then bantams I’m excited to see how big he gets…

The project isn’t mine lol, it’s someone here in Alaska I’m just helping continue her project with 2 8th gens as a breeding pair to create 9th gen! Thank you! I’m trying to start a project myself I’m just trying to figure out what kind of chickens people like the most and try to create one close to that

Biscotti is my classic looking rooster for sure! He’s soooo sweet too. He’s my boss boy.
I heard Hademora are only going to be a little bigger then bantams I’m excited to see how big he gets…

The project isn’t mine lol, it’s someone here in Alaska I’m just helping continue her project with 2 8th gens as a breeding pair to create 9th gen! Thank you! I’m trying to start a project myself I’m just trying to figure out what kind of chickens people like the most and try to create one close to that
I wish you all the best! They’re so pretty. What you’re doing is very interesting. I can’t wait to see how it all turns out…. and what will come out of your own project.

None of your roosters are breeds that are accepted in the American Standard of Perfection so none would be good for show. If you were showing them at a fair in the pet class, the healthiest, most well-taken-care of birds with good muscle and fleshing win. So take good care of them and wash them before the fair. Not one has better "show genetics" than the other.

None of your roosters are breeds that are accepted in the American Standard of Perfection so none would be good for show. If you were showing them at a fair in the pet class, the healthiest, most well-taken-care of birds with good muscle and fleshing win. So take good care of them and wash them before the fair. Not one has better "show genetics" than the other.
Not show genetics sorry, show quality. As in not pet quality- meaning it is correct looking for that specific breed. I don’t do shows those are too risky since the only one we have in Alaska is a state fair show

Not show genetics sorry, show quality. As in not pet quality- meaning it is correct looking for that specific breed. I don’t do shows those are too risky since the only one we have in Alaska is a state fair show
None of them are show quality. They are all mixed breeds and landrace non-recognized breeds with no standard.

None of them are show quality. They are all mixed breeds and landrace non-recognized breeds with no standard.
Hademoras are pure. Swedish flower are similar to Easter eggers in a way- the others… yeah they’re mixes. Hoping the Alaska ninja chicken becomes APA recognized once the breed is perfected

Back
Top Bottom