Want pictures of predators digging under coop

biteme2134

Songster
6 Years
Jul 21, 2013
GA
My Coop
My Coop
I've scoured the internet and can't find any pictures of predators digging under a coop. Everyone talks a lot about it, but it would be nice to see what I'm up against as far as how big/far/deep something can go.

Does anyone have pictures of after something dug into a coop?

I was too upset to take pictures at the time but I can tell you exactly what it looked like. It 8-10 inches round about one foot deep and the creature was so cleaver that he dug around the back end of the coup. Ours is built onto the barn. So if any of you feel the wall of another building is save think again. They are so cleaver and determined to get at our birds.
So please do what my husband has done. He dug way below the pen, inserted raging wire, pulled the sharp wire out words, so the animals would rip their paws if they start digging. He buried throat. Then on the inside he put barn tin, again down deep all along the barn wall.
On top of all tat we started leaving our Mucovy drake out at all times and nothing has been around.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input. I am planning on burying some hardware cloth. I just wanted to know how big and deep these guys will go so that helps a lot

we are having issues with a big wood chuck right now, the critter has ripped through the chicken wire we had below the welded wire, dug around the cement blocks we have dropped in his holes, on both sides of the fence, he does not bother the chickens but eats a lot of their food and leaves a lg. hole for other predators. He doesn't like it when I put dog poo in his hole then he leaves for a week or more

That's no fun - so far the only issue we've had is a coyote but that was due to free ranging the birds. I'm just trying to plan ahead and it's nice to know what I'm up against

Back
Top Bottom