Want to hatch along? My first incubation :0) Lockdown tomorrow 9-3-11

hmm I am not an expert but, under a broody I wouldn't even expect them to hatch until day 21. I have done to hatches under a broody and I had some that hatched on day 21 and one that hatched on day 22. I have also seen some people talking about how they have had some hatch until day 27. I know it is hard but, be patient.

Michelle

Quote:
Me too... I think I have 6 viable eggs left because 3 just don't look right - there is yellow fluid moving about. If they were viable they'd be solid by day 20.

The mum went for her food, water and giant smelly poo but was taking ages - I was worried that she wasn't coming back.

I've not heard a pip out of them yet, mind. I doooo hope that they make it out. Does anyone know hatch rates from viable at day 20?

Day 20 day beginning of day two of lockdown. No pipping or zipping yet.
sad.png
How about you?

I just now checked the eggs while Elizabeth Mary went for her constitutional... and there is movement!!! I definetely heard peeping, and one shell has a little dent in it. Today is day 21. I'm really hoping that something hatches so the poor bird hasn't wasted her time over the last three and a half weeks. We're so lucky that I happened to pick up some hatching eggs at South Yeo Farm when I was back in Britain. I wasn't sure about doing it as it's late in the season for new chicks.

I am going in to day 21 but not till later, i put my eggs in late evening so officially evening i hit day 21. I have nothing as yet, no moving, no sound or any thing else, nothing at all happening.
Feel really anxious and have done so for the last 3 days
barnie.gif
, wish they would hurry up and put me out of my misery.

How is every one else getting on, any thing yet??

hi all
i am also at lockdown, day 19 and nothing as yet. last night at 1am for some unknown reason something tripped the electricity off. fortunately as my daughter sleeps with the light on it woke her up so i was able to turn it back on. i would have been devastated. they would have been cold for hours.

anyway as i posted elsewhere, we have 12 pekins of mixed colours, and 4 L/F eggs. this is the first time so i don't know if we will be successful. no sign of anything yet but the pekins were looking good on day 17. of the others 3 looked as if there were chicks but the airsacs were huge.

any signs of life from anyone else?

I have fuzzy butts!
wee.gif
We hatched out a barn yard mix for a friend. (Yellow chicks) Delaware Rooster over Easter Egger/Wyandotte/Buff Orpington hens. Anyone know if their are any sex-links with those combinations?
We also have an (gray) Olive Egger, (black) Black Copper Marans, and two silkies (not in photo).
90094_photo3_copy.jpg

90094_photo4cc.jpg

I have 12 Lavender Orpingtons due Wed. morning and 4 Swedish Flower Hens due tomorrow!
jumpy.gif
Now that I have chicks to play with it makes the wait a little more bearable.
smile.png

I will try to get better photos later. We are getting some much needed rain today here in TN. and my son is home for school. Happy Labor Day everyone!

We have one Cream Legbar! Well - I have one shell - the chick is safely under mum for the time being so I've seen only some legs so far. I'm so pleased Elizabeth Mary will have one baby to look after at least. It's called Scalby (we have three Yorkshire lads staying with us at the moment and that's the village they're from).

Maybe some thing is starting to happen, i saw 1 egg definately do a little move, possibly 2 eggs move but i can't be 100% that the 2nd egg moved.
I wish they would hurry up and hatch, i'm out at college tomorrow and won't be able to concentrate for wondering what is happening at home.

Back
Top Bottom