Want to hatch along? My first incubation :0) Lockdown tomorrow 9-3-11

I am hoping a baby will hatch soon so the humidity will go up a little. I don't want to add water in case someone hatches. I don't want it to sky rocket if someone comes out. Yes, I still have just the one chick. I have two or three pips. It is hard to keep up with the baby chick keeps knocking them around. LOL!!! I don't know if I can get a pic of the pip or not, it is dark in there. I will give it a shot. Unfortunately I don't guess it matters much because, I don't want to open it and put the other pipping babies in danger. I guess I will just cross my fingers and hope he/ she is okay.
fl.gif

Quote:

Got my first little one about 30 mins ago. Cute. I cant believe all of that was stuff into that shell! He looks ginormo haha. Cute tho!
big_smile.png
the other is workin on his zip. I will go try to get a decent pic and post.

Quote:
I've been lurking in this site. Mine just hatched Labor Day, but when I read this I fought you might be interested in knowing that hens can store semen for months so you could still have fertile eggs!

Congrats on all the babies! It is so exciting! I have pics posted on the Broody Hatching thread and the d'uccle thread since that is the breed. I also have some pics on my site. I'd post them again but I already feel bad for posting the same pics three different times!!

Thanks, I know its not a good pic but, hard to take pics through an incubator. I know it is an Orpington but, I am not sure if it is a black or Splash.

Quote:

Thanks, I still only have one though. I am worried I don't know what happened. This morning I had several rocking and two to three pips and a partial zip. Since about 3:00 nothing. Do you think something went wrong????

Quote:

Congrats on all the babies! It is so exciting! I have pics posted on the Broody Hatching thread and the d'uccle thread since that is the breed. I also have some pics on my site. I'd post them again but I already feel bad for posting the same pics three different times!!

Oh yeah, post your pics we would love to see them?

Quote:

Good new I have 11 Lavender Orpingtons and 2 Swedish Flower Hens. One of the Swedish Flower Hens is weak and had to be helped out. Anyone have advice for week chicks? I have started on sugar water. I guess time will tell

Unfortunately, I was not able to be here when they hatched. My 8 year old son is in the hospital after having a 20 min.+ seizure on Tuesday night. He is still in the hospital and is doing well. We are not 100% sure what caused it. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Oh my goodness. Will be praying for your son. What's his name? I know that is scary. Please keep us updated.

For your little chick it might be good to use the Sav-a-Chick or Grogel or whatever you can find in your area that is about the same. If you can fine the Fertrell Dry Fed Microbials, I swear by them. It's $15 a pouch but that will treat 2000 lbs of feed. You just put a sprinkle on top of the chicks' food. I use it whenever one of my girls seems to be under the weather too.

Will keep your family in prayers.
Deb

Back
Top Bottom