Want to share your fresh eggs? Learn about the Local Hens community!

Discussion in 'Sponsored Content, Contests, and Giveaways' started by JenniO11, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Sp0iledFl0ck

Sp0iledFl0ck Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2012
    It would be interesting to touch on the legalities of selling your eggs, as well, as I believe in California, you have to be inspected and get a permit. Not that that will stop me from bartering with co-workers and neighbors for other things.

2. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

I cant find my Local Farmer, is this an American Company?

3. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

We sell most of our eggs to our coworkers, in fact we sell so many eggs that we have to greatly increase our flock size this spring just to keep up with demands!

4. DianaMallory

DianaMallory Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2012
    Lancaster Ohio
    I have 11 laying and 5 just starting to lay. I am getting 9-11 eggs a day. I have 2 regular customers that purchase eggs from me. And no way could I ever with a clear mind sell my eggs for 6.95 a dozen! What I don't sell I give to family. Last week was the first time I ran out of eggs. And when I say that I mean I have less than 2 dozen in the fridge. When I get to the point of having to many eggs I plan on donating them to our local food pantry.

5. LocalHens

LocalHens New Egg

Jan 24, 2013
    Yes we are an American company, located in beautiful Gig Harbor, Washington! Our website is www.localhens.com
    Thanks!

6. Kim95037

Kim95037 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2012
    Morgan Hill California
    Im bribing my neighbors with my eggs so I can keep Donald! He was Daphne but lo and behold she turned out to be a he...
    [​IMG]

7. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Oh he is so handsome! They can't turn HIM down!!

8. HenFriend

HenFriend Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2012
    West Wales, UK
    I don't have enough hens to make selling worthwhile but I give the eggs to my mum if her hens aren't laying and to my neighbours who kindly chicken sit for me when I go on holiday. They have a large family so are always happy with any donations.

9. jlcfrog

jlcfrog New Egg

Apr 25, 2009
    We have 28 hens (Ameraucana, Leghorn, Plymoth Rock, and New Hampshires). After giving some to family and friends, we donate our surplus to the local food bank so those who cannot afford fresh eggs can get some good quality protein. Teaches our kids the importance of helping others and charity too.

1 person likes this.
  10. i sell them to freinds who do not have chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by