WANTED - 2 female Khaki Campbells

Wifezilla

Positively Ducky
11 Years
Oct 2, 2008
Colorado
Need 2 khakis (or Indian Runners) for eggs. Would be spoiled pets as well as layers. Building a home for them right now and getting a kit pond from a neighbor (I know they don't really need it, but neighbor isn't using it anyway. May as well let the ducks play in it
big_smile.png
). Most of my experience with birds has been tropical, but I am learning as much as I can. I didn't want to start with chicks since this is the first time in over 30 years I would be handling poultry.

I am in Colorado.

Can't help you on the ducks, but If you can't find any adults, ducklings are pretty easy to raise. I have one that will be 2 weeks tomorrow
smile.png
. S/He is in the house and I may even take the heat lamp off of him this week.

Good Luck!

Good to know they aren't that hard to raise. I may have to just wait till spring and get a load of ducklings. Maybe the local 4H will take the extras.

You will love them! I have a male/female pair and they love swimming in my 100 gallon water garden. I also have a pair of blue swedish and all 4 will get in together. I don't think you'll regret adding the pond.
4ducks4.jpg

Your ducks are so cute...and they really look like they are loving the pond.

Well I can't help you with ducks either, but just had to chime in and tell you how much I love my ducks. I love to watch them, they are so comical and I don't regret the water pond we have at all. I have six ducks and they will try to crowd in there together, it is great.

Ok....getting a little closer on my search. I called my local 4-H at the county extension office and they gave me the name and number of the poultry superintendent. Got an answering machine, but it's a step in the right direction!

Back
Top Bottom