Wanted Barred Rock

kweku414

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Hi, I am looking for Barred Rock eggs. If you also have Black Astras or Golden-ex links I would take some of those, too. If you live in the Cleveland, Ohio area even better because I will come and get them.

Welcome to the forum!
welcome-byc.gif

If you go back to the forum index you will see at the bottom that there is a special forum just for request like yours.
It's Hatching Chicken Eggs...you'll have fun shopping there.
Post your request there.
Good luck!
Carolyn

Last edited:
Just my opinion here: If you get as cold as we do (Coshocton county) in the winter you might want to look into a breed with a smaller comb. We have Dominiques and one roo got a little frostbite on his comb. Our coop is unheated and has no electric in it so they had to survive in cold below 0 a few times. Make sure you have no drafts! We had windchills of -22 and lower and the chickens were fine. But my dh made the coop so tight it gets condensation in it. Too tight.

If it wasn't for the combs I would have gotten BR. Of course now I want Buckeyes but don't have the room!
cool.png

Thanks folks for the responses. Posting twice...I'm kind of new to this whole forum thing. My apologies.

How many dozen? LOL. I just want to raise six hens. However many eggs you think I ought to get, I will get.

Back
Top Bottom