Wanted: books about peafowls.

clinton9

Songster
11 Years
Jul 2, 2011
Hi members,
I am looking for books about peafowls and that have colour photoes of Midnight, BS, Purple, Cameo, Buford Bronze, Charcoal, Opal, Sonja Violeta, Oaten, spalding, silver pied, pied, emerald, white and green peafowls & IB peafowls.

Can you please help me ???

Clinton.

If there is a book like that it would be cool, but I am not sure if there are many peafowl books. I have one peafowl book called Peafowl by T.P. Gardiner but it only has a few colored photos with the rest being black and white and it doesn't say much about the different varieties it is mainly about the wild varieties.
wink.png

I actually looked for something similar a few years back. I am planning on doing one for myself, but I need to either have the photos donated, or I have to take them myself. It would mainly be for informing people on what they all look like. If anyone out there has photos they would like to donate (credits will be applied) I could make something on my mac to create a photo book on one of the many websites. Then anyone who wants one, just pays for shipping and printing. Putting it out there, as my winters are very slow for work.

Hi Alea,
I had a book called Peafowl, by T.P. Gardiner, but it had nothing about mutations of domestic peafowls.

Buford Bronze and Midnight, Purple and coloured mutations, are interesting & beautiful birds.
Buford Bronze had pink colours in rings of train feathers and on backplate, but if you put a Buford Bronze peafowl and a pied IB peahen together, you get 1 or 2 pied Buford Bronze peachicks, when 3 years old, the white train feathers may have faint pink rings on train feathers, plus pink colours on white and bronze feathers. Normal peafowls don't have pink colour.
Same for Purple pied peacock, will have strong purple colour on neck and train feathers.
You can see how wonderfully the colourful mutations are...think of rainbow colours in one train feathers of IB peacock.

The newest mutation of IB peafowls..."Sonja Violeta"
Female, like normal IB peahen, but green colour is replaced by purple colour, on neck.
Male, colours unknown.
Breeder of Sonja Violeta peafowls is still working with this mutation.

Train feathers can change colour from green to pink and pale skyblue, due to diffenent lights.

Quote:
Actually incorrect, as both parent must carry the bronze gene to get offspring of bronze colour. The hen would have to be split bronze, and you still wouldn't get any pied offspring in the first breeding. The hen would carry the white and pied genes, and to get more pied offspring the cock bird would have to carry white or pied.

Back
Top Bottom