Wanted Buff Orpington chickens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by barrelracer, Sep 14, 2010.

1. barrelracer

barrelracer New Egg

Sep 14, 2010
    Maine
    Hi,
    Just looking to replace my 1 pet chicken that past away. I would like to purchase 2 Buff Orphington hens that are FRIENDLY! Forever home. Maine

2. old geezer

old geezer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2010
    cambridge , ny
    [​IMG]....good lucking finding--i have a couple of post here with no luck [​IMG] they are such a pretty ,and gentle mannered bird that no one seems to want to part with any [​IMG] WILL SOMEBOBY HELP THE 2 OF US OUT [​IMG] still looking for a buff orp near bennington vt , cambridge ny area , and byc member in maine [​IMG]

3. barrelracer

barrelracer New Egg

Sep 14, 2010
    Maine
    I have a couple of leads, if I find out anything, I'll let you know. Didn't think it would be this hard!

4. onehorse_2000

onehorse_2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    I have some available, but shipping will not be pretty and probably more then the actual birds?

5. barrelracer

barrelracer New Egg

Sep 14, 2010
    Maine
    Are they young ones and where are you located? Do you have an estimated price on shipping? Mine must be friendly. [​IMG] Just want 2 females.

6. onehorse_2000

onehorse_2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Roughly 3 months old, I am going to quess that shipping would be around $60 for a pair.

7. bruinfan

bruinfan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    I have a number for someone in Wurtsboro NY, it's about 2.5 hrs from cambridge. He has 8 week old buff pullets. I bought 2 RIR, 2 buffs and 2 ameraucana( 1 black, 1 blue). All the birds were/are super healthy. He gets 7 or 8 dollars per bird. If you're interested PM me and i'll give you his number.

8. bruinfan

bruinfan Out Of The Brooder

Sep 12, 2010
    I forgot to mention he has older birds also. I know he shows his buffs, but I don't know what he has for sale in reference to older birds. His pullets are 8 weeks old.

9. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    I purchased my Buff Orpingtons from the local feed store.

10. StevenSRitchie

StevenSRitchie Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2011
    I breed pure orpingtons in Northern Maine not far from Houlton. I'm looking for another pure orpington rooster from a different blood line if you have one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by