Wanted Chicken Sling for egg Barter- Calling all crafters!!!!

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I need a real professional type sling for my lav roo that is injured. I am not capable of making something as good as what I need. I will barter any of my pure bred eggs from the following flocks: silkies/sg, FBCM, or Olive eggers, BBS runner ducks, or jumbo quail

I also can barter with leather and craft materials that I have as well.

The sling would have to fasten around the body securely and have loops on all 4 sides that would be adjustable (like a belt or something so that I could adjust height in accordance to the ground) I could take measurements and weight of the silkie in question but it would probably be best if you have a silkie at home in which to base this design on and test on.

I am not sure if the sling should fasten to a single poll so that the chicken could scoot back and forth, or if the sling should be fastened to something else like a square frame I could build and attach to the top of the pen

There are a lot of details I need to work out and would love any input or pics.

hmmm.... i miiight be able to make something up for you.
smile.png
i haven't designed a chicken sling before but i do have a silkie i could test on! lol give me more details on what you want. i am picturing that you want something to suspend the roo right? hmmm my wheels are turning...

yes some sort of harness that fits over snuggly so that he cant struggle but can eat maybe adjustable with velcro? raised off the ground so that his feet touch as if he could stand properly. Although he seems to be going down hill rather quickly now so it may be pointless, although I would still want a slingincase there is a next time.

Quote:
He is all wrapped up now so it will be very hard to get measurements, can you just fit it to your silkie they are probably about the same size.

He must have hit his head while being shipped and has neurological damage, I am trying steroids to stop the swelling and take pressure off his brain but because he cant walk he flops around making it worse.
sad.png

I wrapped him up like a burrito or a swaddled baby now so he cant move at all except to eat but that requires constant butt washing and I would prefer a better way. The sling must be tight against the body so wings cant move btw or he will struggle.
smile.png

I would really appreciate this and will send you whatever you like
smile.png

my silkie is actually still not quite full grown... can you give me an estimate of the diameter of his body? just close is good enough.... i was thinking to have it adjustable so it would fit a variety of bantams... not just this specific one anyways.... so you could use it on other chickens... it couldn't be adj enough to fit lf... but still.

so just so i am sure... swaddle type deal so he can't move and adjustable and 4 rings. do you need me to make the suspension part of do you have something that would work for that if i put four d rings on it? if you need me to make it, i would need to know an approximate height of your roof.

oh I will get some measurements
smile.png

I can make the suspension part with some straps or something so if there are d rings then that should work. I actually have some rings I think if you would like me to send them
smile.png

Quote:
pm me your address and I will send out a box of stuff, the rest you can keep for other crafts or what not. Oh and what kind of eggs would you like? I can make up a mix of all my different breeds and colors if you would prefer that.

this might end up being one of many you make for people
smile.png
if so that would be cool. I will get out the tape measure tonight. The roo is still holding on and now that my trip is cancelled again I have more tome to devote to it.

Back
Top Bottom