Wanted- Chicks in Northern Maine

I think as the next few months pass you won't have any trouble between this site and Uncle Henry's. I have an order of 25 chicks that I will be looking to sell probably 15 pullets out of, but I have to get them first!

I am in the Bangor area.

Hello All Mainers,
I am glad to see a few more mainers on here. I currently have a broody and might have some mix chicks available. If the weather ever warms above 40 for a day or so I will collect some eggs to get into the incubator also. Next spring when the chicks you are getting this year start to lay I would love to do an egg swap. just something to keep in mind.

Heather

For any of you that are willing to wait until late summer, I have an abundance of chicks now that I am raising to sell as started pullets or freezer roos. There are 10 different colors of Wyandotte, which are adapted to the brutal winters you newbies will come to love. With big bodies and rose combs, they seem to like the cold. I am on the coast in central Maine near Camden/Belfast. I also will have some extra Ameraucanas, and Buff Orpingtons.

I will keep my eyes open. I am looking to raise a few chicks up so my children can watch and take part in raising something from a baby.

Thank you all!

Louella
Fairfield, ME

Try craigslist. There are a few on there right now!
http://maine.craigslist.org/grd/
Someone in Poland has 7 hens and rooster (1 year olds)... and there are some Salmon Fav banties and more in North Yarmouth. Keep checking there, tis the season...
We'll have a few come summer, but we're in South Portland.

Seachick-- I saw the ads on Craigslist-- everyone seems to be 4-5 hours from me -- I might just order some chicks. Still have to call the local farm supply place ( I've only located one). We went in there a couple weeks ago, and they were less than helpful, so I'm not sure another call will work, LOL!

And,in response to the moose permit-- how does one apply???

I've got so much to look up and research, but using dial up at very low connection speeds is proving very frustrating- most web pages won't load for me
hmm.png

I just ordered my incubator and I am looking for some Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs, but I will also be hatching some of my own.
I have a BLRW roo and two hens, but I also have EE's that lay light blue eggs that are fertilized by my BLRW roo. My Blue Laced are from McMurray, so not show quality....but I think they are beautiful and my rooster is sweet as pie.
smile.png

So, we'll see. I'm in Hampden. (right outside of Bangor)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom