Wanted: favorite bread machine recipes

Hi! I got one of those a couple of months ago. While I'm still learning to use it, we LOVE the Italian bread in the super rapid recipe section of the manual. Good luck!

Thanks buckbeak! I'll be sure to mark that one in the book. It's going to take me a while to get through all of those recipes, and I didn't want to make any that might duds.
big_smile.png

Amy

Last edited:
Hi just got this recipe from my SIL it was so good. She is managing her thyroid prob with her diet and came up with this one. They were the best dinner rolls.

Using the dough only function to make dinner rolls. I guess you could make a loaf but haven't tried it that way.

Wheat dinner rolls
1 3/4 c unbleached flour
1 1/2 c wheat flour
1 c warm water
1 egg
1/4 c honey
1 tsp salt
1 TBSP olive oil
3 tsp yeast

this is my guys fav. They say whats for dinner? Oh you are making rolls! Don't care what else we are having. So funny! Again I use the dough function and make rolls. It is easy. This recipe was in my old bread machine book. None of the ones in my new book are the same.

white dinner rolls
1 C warm water
1 tsp lemon juice
2 TBSP Oil
2 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 TBSP powdered milk
1 tsp salt
3 cups unbleached flour
2 1/2 tps yeast

the more times you let it rise and punch it down after the machine is done [ I try to do it at least 3 times] The softer and fluffier they are. { I use unbleached flour, you can use regular flour}. This makes about 12 rolls. I always have to make more than one batch of dough.The final rise in my machine is the last 50 min on the timer and I cheat sometimes and take it out then, so I can start another batch sooner.

Wonderful, csguinn! Thank you so much--I can't wait to try. Quick question: when you say unbleached flour, do you mean all-purpose white?

Amy

Hi Amy,
Gosh, I have so many bread machine recipes that I love!!! Here are a couple:

Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/8 cups water
4 Tbsp butter, softened
2 c whole wheat flour
1 c bread flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 c instant potato flakes
1 1/2 tsp yeast

Cinnamon Rolls

3/8 c milk
3/8 c water
1 egg
4 Tbsp butter
3 c all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/3 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast

Place in bread pan and select dough setting. When machine beeps, turn dough out onto floured countertop. Melt about 6 Tbsp butter and put in bottom of 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle melted butter with about 1/2-2/3 cup brown sugar.

Roll dough into about a 9x18 inch rectangle. Melt 4 or 5 Tbsp butter and brush onto dough. Sprinkle with about 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon to taste. Sprinkle with raisins (optional). Roll dough so that you get an 18 inch roll. Pinch ends. Use dental floss to cut rolls every 1 1/2 inches and place in prepared pan.

At this point, you can freeze the rolls, then thaw them, rise them, etc.

To continue, cover the rolls and let them rise in a warm oven about 30-45 minutes until doubled. Remove from oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately invert onto large platter.

Enjoy!!!

Lori

I don't have recipe, but rather a question. Forgive my ignorance,
hu.gif
but how does a bread machine work? Do you just add ingredients and let it do it's thing? Or is there work involved...ie kneading? I used to make bread but I find I just don't have the time or patience anymore to make it, other then banana bread...

Angie,
A bread machine does all of the work for you unless you choose to make rolls or breadsticks or coffee cake, etc.

You can just dump all of the ingredients in (following the directions, of course) and a few hours later your kitchen is filled with the irresistible aroma of fresh baked bread.

I have an Oster that I have had for years and I just love it. I can do everything from rustic Italian or French breads and baguettes to pretzels to basic whole wheat sandwich bread.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Lori

Sorry it took me so long to reply on the question about the unbleached flour ben gone on vacation. It is not the same as all purpose flour is bleached flour. If you look in the flour section you should see some that says unbleached white flour. I don't know why they bleach it maybe to make it whiter? but I try to use less chemicals if I can. You can use regular all purpose flour instead and get the same results. It is all good.

Back
Top Bottom