Wanted in VA -- Californian or New Zealands Whites (meat rabbits)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Acre of Blessings, May 22, 2008.

1. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    I am looking for some of these rabbits to buy. If you have any please email or PM me.

2. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Please let me know if you find any, I'm looking for them also.

Sharon [​IMG]

3. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Me too. All I've found are flemish giants, of which we should have babies any time now, but none of the others really. I'd like to have some more meat rabbits.

Stacy

4. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Hey Aussie --- Isn't there going to be other animals at the Swap Meet in Danville on the 28th of June? Just a thought, there may be some there.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2008
  5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have been looking for a year and haven't found any. I want to know if you find them.

6. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Have any of you tried looking into your local rabbit clubs? Or even ARBA? With a membership you get a yearbook that lists breeders by address and breed. I think the local club contact is a better option though.

I am on a yahoo group "meatrabbits" and that has been helpful as well. It is a busy list, but might help in your search.

I am too far away and don't have what you want, but just wondered if those options have been looked into.

7. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    Found Californians!

A gentleman near Kings Dominion raises Californians. Got an email reply from him today. He has several that are 4 to 7 months old for sale starting at $25.

His name is Al Roland
    email [email protected]

There's also a lady here in Powhatan that breeds rabbits. I'm trying to get a hold of her to see what she has and the cost. Hope this helps.

8. nicecritter

nicecritter New Egg

May 2, 2008
    Funny that is how I got into chickens, I had 48 albino New Zealand breeders. Got some chickens to help with bugs. When we moved here I only moved 5 have kept it down since then for just our own use. California giants are supposed to be just as good as far as meat to bone ratio.

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  9. Acre of Blessings

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Thanks Aussie.

10. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    I've got some mutt rabbits if anyone is interested. I live in NC, but I travel to VA regularly. They are a mix of very large english spot and NZW. The current litter has 3 albinos. They are all about the same size, even the ones out of my rex doe. They also have about the same quality of meat. I sell mine for $8 each, or two for $15. I typically travel up I-95 when I go through VA. I travel from the Charlotte area up to Manassas, VA about once every other month.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by