Wanted in VA -- Californian or New Zealands Whites (meat rabbits)

Please let me know if you find any, I'm looking for them also.

Sharon
smile.png

Me too. All I've found are flemish giants, of which we should have babies any time now, but none of the others really. I'd like to have some more meat rabbits.

Stacy

Hey Aussie --- Isn't there going to be other animals at the Swap Meet in Danville on the 28th of June? Just a thought, there may be some there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you tried looking into your local rabbit clubs? Or even ARBA? With a membership you get a yearbook that lists breeders by address and breed. I think the local club contact is a better option though.

I am on a yahoo group "meatrabbits" and that has been helpful as well. It is a busy list, but might help in your search.

I am too far away and don't have what you want, but just wondered if those options have been looked into.

Found Californians!

A gentleman near Kings Dominion raises Californians. Got an email reply from him today. He has several that are 4 to 7 months old for sale starting at $25.

His name is Al Roland
email [email protected]

There's also a lady here in Powhatan that breeds rabbits. I'm trying to get a hold of her to see what she has and the cost. Hope this helps.

Funny that is how I got into chickens, I had 48 albino New Zealand breeders. Got some chickens to help with bugs. When we moved here I only moved 5 have kept it down since then for just our own use. California giants are supposed to be just as good as far as meat to bone ratio.

Last edited:
I've got some mutt rabbits if anyone is interested. I live in NC, but I travel to VA regularly. They are a mix of very large english spot and NZW. The current litter has 3 albinos. They are all about the same size, even the ones out of my rex doe. They also have about the same quality of meat. I sell mine for $8 each, or two for $15. I typically travel up I-95 when I go through VA. I travel from the Charlotte area up to Manassas, VA about once every other month.

Back
Top Bottom