Wanted: Info on Urch/Turnland

Mr. Urch is exhibiting at our clubs show this weekend and I can maybe flag him down before coopout in the morning. I will also probably see him in a couple weeks at the MN State show in Hutchinson.

Gotta remember that his hatchery is in Minnesota. Sometimes dates do have to be pushed back. Temps dip in the double digits below 0 here. Hens slow down with laying, frozen eggs, and post office not shipping when temps are too cold.

The fact that he can produce pretty decent quality on most of his birds tells alot. Most reputable breeders refuse to sell eggs or chicks. You simply don't know until they mature a bit if they have potential or not. Even putting 2 absolutely perfect birds together is no guarantee of good offspring.

I tried to order black and buff wyandottes (LF) from him last year through Stromberg's. He had lost his black breeder cockbirds and couldn't fill the buff either. He sent me patridge and silver penciled instead. I traded the partridge to the Foleys in exchange for blacks. I unfortunately lost the silver penciled to the neighbors (now deceased) dog. I would order from him again if he had the varieties in stock that I wanted...

Do u have hatching eggs available right now most interested in white egg layers like WF black Spanish and Buff leghorns or minorcas.... Thank u

Back
Top Bottom