Wanted: Layers near Spokane, WA?

ursusarctosana

Songster
11 Years
Aug 6, 2008
Spokane, WA
I'm looking for laying hens, but want to raise them from chicks or pullets. Anyone know anyone who has some for sale at this time in the Spokane, WA area? I'm looking for just a couple--that's why I haven't ordered online.

YOu could try Pips&Peeps she has Ameraucanas and is in Newman Lake. If you do a google search for that name her website and contact info pop up.

Hey flyingmonkeypoop,

Can you tell me a little more, such as are they young pullets? The reason I want to confirm this is that I want a chance to handle them so they'll be tame. My chickens are very mellow and friendly. Can you tell me which one will be the best egg layer? I'm interested, definitely. I would like a calmer breed, though.
smile.png

I appreciate your help.

Shanti

They are all younger, the faverolle is pretty calm and she is about 6-8 weeks if I remember correctly. She should be a good layer of large brown eggs.
The phoenix bantams vary in age from 2-4 months, they are great layers of small white eggs. They havent been handled that much but are pretty calm.
With the wyandottes we have a solid black pullet that is about 4 months old and we have a silver laced that has too much frosting on her breast that is about 2 months old. The wyandottes are pretty calm and are the only birds that layed through the hard winter, snow drifts and all. They lay small brown eggs, their eggs are larger than the phoenix eggs.

Hi FlyingMonkeyPoop!
I would really like to get in touch with you about getting some layers if possible. I sent you a message on myspace as well. I work in Mead, WA and can swing by if needed.
Hope to hear from you soon!

Jessica

Back
Top Bottom