Wanted (NC) Eggs for classroom **Update - Eggs are here! Thanks Lisa!!

Yaay! So glad they made it!
I hope they hatch well for you and the kids
smile.png

Lisa

Cool, Snuggle - If we get a decent hatch.....you know, don't count your chicks....
tongue.png

(
fl.gif
If you think incubating eggs YOURSELF is bad....try trusting them to a chicken-clueless teacher and a classroom of excited 7 year olds - I keep going back and forth as to how many I'm going to send into the school and how many to keep back at home - the school number is getting small and smaller...LOL!... at least if I incubate some of them at home, I feel more confident we'll at least get a few hatches and I'd hate to have a classroom of disappointed kids if they don't get to see some baby chicks!)

ANYWAY, if all goes well, I'm SURE I'll have some roos in there. They will need homes so my %^&* neighbor doesn't complain to the city and I end up having the chicken police show up at my door.

I'll keep you in mind!

arlee, Please keep us posted on how the hatch goes! Your son's teacher might surprise you - I was totally clueless also but I successfully hatched 14 out of the 18 eggs I had. Since I teach at a small school, the whole school got excited and involved in it. Many of the kids in the other classes and the other teachers stopped by daily to see how it was going. When the chicks started hatching, then it got really exciting! I had to forget about trying to actually teach math or anything for a few days. One of the other teachers posted a sign above my door: "The Chicken Coop".
Your son's class will never forget this. Bless you for making it happen for them!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom