Wanted- Silkie Spash rooster with lots of red leakage

The post I made was asking how I could have possibly ended up with a splash with so much red leakage.. I purchased the hatching eggs from a lady that had only blacks blues and splashes... Others seem to think that somewhere in the lines there is partridge in it's heritage...

Hmm.. Yeah about 5-6 hours or so.. I've never shipped anything live so I have no clue! Seems like she'd be a good fit for the project though :/

She looks like a red Pyle which results from paint breeding. Maybe one of her blacks is a split to paint. I have a calico showgirl rooster and bred him to a paint hen. What I got was a blue paint with some faint red spots. It’s pretty cool.

Last edited:
OMG! That is SO COOL! I had no idea there had ever been a chicken with true calico plumage. Are they still around or are you reinventing the proverbial wheel, here?
I have a blue splash roo, but his red "leakage" is only in his comb and wattles, so I doubt he'd be of any help to you. Besides that, he's a true family pet and my daughter would disown me if I rehomed him!
If you don't mind my asking, how do you go about breeding for the calico?

Back
Top Bottom