Wanted: SQ bantam black sumatras!

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
We've decided to get out of mille fleur d'uccles.
sad.png
They are gorgeous and one of the sweetest birds we've owned, but we've had very bad luck with them, they are just so delicate and since we want to show and dont have the room or hearts to replace our show stock every year after they molt we've decided to breed something else. We're down to one mille girl (besides the rooster in my living room!) but they'll just be pets from now on.

ANYWAY we want to get into bantam sumatras.
smile.png
They are so exotic and elegant looking, and we love pure black birds! I was wondering if anyone has show quality sumatras that we could buy adults or hatching eggs from! If it's eggs though, my bator is going to be full for the next two months (I have eggs in it right now, and quail eggs are lined up for next month).

I'm looking for birds that are either proven show quality by winning at shows themselves, or are the offspring of show quality birds. Thanks!

Good luck on your search...I agree they are beautiful birds and I believe they are on the critical or threatened list. I am sure you will do fine with them as long as they have roosts, I think your pens look really nice.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Tiki. I've heard that they need to free range, but I've also seen plenty of success using typical breeding pens. And considering the pen they will be in will have plenty of space and a nice run with perches, they should be fine.
smile.png

Is that the new pen you guys got? Thats nice. I see on feathersite there is one lady in CA that you can call for sumatras. I have seen them at shows before. Then if you belong to the ABA you might be able to find someone thru them.

Quote:
Which new pen are you talking about? We have a semi new coop for our barred rocks, a large coop with free access to the entire horse pastures (thats for our main flock of mix breeds), a room adjacent to the main coop with a run extension outside, and a horse stall that we use for our cochins and where we keep the rabbit hutch the babies mature in.

wow those are pretty except for that poor guys tail
ep.gif

but I guess they have other pics for you.

I just saw a coop you guys posted a month ago and it looked really nice so I dont know which one I cant find the thread.

Back
Top Bottom