wanted to buy Pintail Ducks

Quote:
I don't have any for sale but I have Pintails and could send you pictures of them next to other ducks if that would help.. but once you get them you have to keep them or you would have to get a permit to sell them and that would be like paying for them several timess over. I just paid $60 for a pair this year plus shipping so you are looking at around $100-120 to have them shipped.

Quote:
Yes they are wild mallard sized.. 12-13 inch long body (plus tail) a touch bigger around than a grape fruit. Pintails, mallards, widgeons, all about tha same sized birds

Quote:
I didn't know about his GBWF website until now. I took a look at it and this is going to get me into a lot of trouble with my husband! I'm going to need a bigger pond and another outbuilding for all the ducks I can easily and inexpensively aquire.

Yep, good site for finding breeders. They can get a little snippy on the Pheasant forum section though, but the waterfowl guys are mostly all good.
I use it just for finding breeders.
Also subscribe to those 2 magazines I listed if you havent, and they have 10-12 pages of classified ads in each issue just for game birds (pheasants, waterfowl, peafowl mainly)
I always stay away from on line waterfowl buying, thats where most of the crooks are. Dont get me wrong, breeders with website arent all crooks, I mean the Hatcherys with these, the efowl, and auction sites, stuff like that, you will almost always end up paying 3-4 times what any of them are worth on these sites.
Find a breeder, contact them and buy privately, best way to do any of this with these style birds.
I assure you, no hatchery in the country breeds these themselves, they are just middle men, and usually get more out of it than the original breeder and auction sites are full of crooks, look at the ol eggbid, more fighting on there than selling, and you get people who see a bird, love it, and gotta have it, will bid hundreds on something that's only worth $40-$50.
If any of you ever wonder what a pair of any species of migratory/ornamental waterfowl is worth, feel free to contact me, will be glad to let you know before you jump off on a bad purchase..

Last edited:
I just stumbled across your post and I know of a guy in Butler that has alot and I mean alot of birds. We bought a pair of pintails off of him last year as well as some others. Let me get his info and I will post it.

Ok, I just had to run and find my permit.
James Macurak
(724) 445-2262
[email protected]
Like I said I bought a pair of pintails from him last year as well as a trio of wood ducks. He is a really nice guy, with a beautiful setup and he has many different species. He maybe out of town this week because of the Mt. Hope auction, but he is the only person around here that has them that I know of. Now I just need to get my propagators permit so I can start selling them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom