1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanting a tester or two to so I can practice shipping...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chicken_china_mom, Sep 20, 2009.

1. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    Ok, I want to see how well I do at shipping, so I am looking for only one or two testers that I can ship my eggs to, preferably in one of the surrounding states, but I will try it further if there is interest. What I have available are mixed eggs from a mixed flock. My hens are a mix of both standard size and bantam size.

Here are what I have for hens:

Bantam Cochins in Splash and Barred that are currently laying

1 Mille Fleur d'Uccle

And for Standard Hens:

2 Amber Sexlinks

1 Black Australorp

4 Silver Laced Wyandottes

The roosters are:

1 Bantam Splash Cochin

1 Bantam Barred Cochin

1 Standard Turken

1 Standard Silver Cuckoo Maran

It's quite a mix, I know, but they are some of the sweetest birds ever. I don't have a mean bird in my flock. If you are interested in testing for me, please let me know. I will do $2.50 for 6 eggs or $5.00 for a dozen, plus shipping. PM me if you are interested. Chances of getting pure eggs are good cause my Cochin roos do most of the mating with the Bantam hens. Fertility looks to be pretty good. Also, I will be separating the flock next Spring, dividing the Standards from the Bantams and I will be breeding for pure Cochins in Splash, White, Mottled, Barred, as well as having Frizzles available. Currently my White, Mottled and Frizzles are not laying yet. PM me if you are interested and I will go collect what the girls lay over the next few days and I will try to have them ready by the beginning of next week. I have to give the girls time to lay. [​IMG] I am only looking for one or two people at this time, but if there are more people interested, I will keep you in mind. Here are a few pics of my birds:

A Splash hen:

[​IMG]

My Splash Roo:

[​IMG]

A Wyandotte Hen:

[​IMG]

I am off to work in about 2 minutes, so I will try to respond to my PM's this evening when I get home. I am on Eastern time, so I will contact people after I get home, Indiana time, around 7:30pm. Thanks for reading this!

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Whoops, nevermind...I am already over committed on my bator...lol

I just saw the 'tester' title and got over excited.... silly me!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  3. GAChknGirl

GAChknGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2009
    Denver, Illinois
    Me i will

Never mind my bator is going to be full i forgot i got eggs in the mail.. Sorry

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Hi. I would be interested in testing. I'll pm you.

5. neferset

neferset Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I pm'd you.

Thanks!

6. juliecox

juliecox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2009
    Arlington, TX
    Hi, I'd be happy to test! I'm in Texas, though. So if you feel like shipping all the way here, that's an option.

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    pretttttyyyyy

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  8. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    I am in NH. Let me know if you still need someone to test for you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by