Wanting help with my bantams please

kiminal

Hatching
12 Years
Aug 18, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi these are my bantams - with the photo with the girls on the chair, the one at the top of the chair lays blue eggs, while the other girl lays brown ones. I would dearly love to know what they are, and I will load a couple of photos of the two chicks I have from my rooster and the girl who lays the blue ones. His tail feathers a quite a bit longer now. Many thanks for taking a look...

whiteyinglasses.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

DSC01019.jpg

DSC01008.jpg

Here is the mother of the chicks and the chicks themselves. I'm hoping that they are girls but I don't have a clue how to tell. Their eyes have lightened up a bit since this photo. The pink one is actually white - both chicks have khaki coloured legs; very strange colour.

DSC01809.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

Last edited:
My guess for the black one on top of the chair and with the chicks is an EE with something else..Either Silkie or Polish? Someone else will probably be able to tell for sure...But I'm almost certain she's part EE. (Which is funny, as an EE is a mixed-breed in itself.
big_smile.png
)

EE = Easter Egger. it isnt an ameraucana, it isnt an araucana it is a mutt that somewhere along the line, had blue/green laying anscestors.

do your chickens live in the house?!

They have an outside coop, but they do tend to wander freely around the place. Their windowsill is on a sort of outside conservatory, and they do get brought in for cuddles and photos...

We think he may be a welsummer but I don't know. When he's happy his red bits behind his ears go speckled white but most of the time they are red. I'm hoping that the babies are girls but I don't know how to tell, as when Whitey was hatched he had a spiky little yellow comb.

Back
Top Bottom