Wanting to buy some EE's

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Red Rooster, Oct 25, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Hey EE owners!! [​IMG]

I'm thinking about getting some EE's. I would really like to know more about them!

I'm also bouncing off the walls with excitement! [​IMG]

Where can I get some EE's? Can I order them from the internet or maybe some one is selling them?

And also, post LOTS of pictures!!

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
  3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Easter Egger chickens are cross-bred birds originating from a blue egg layer. Your stereotypical EE is pea combed, bearded, and green legged. They are known for laying olive, blue, or brown eggs. Often times they are very good layers and overall sweet birds [​IMG]

4. The Red Rooster

Thanks everyone!! Thank you artsyrobin for the pictures! [​IMG]

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    i have loads of pics, just need to link them- they are incredibly sweet-

6. The Red Rooster

Quote:Yes, I know they are sweet! I had an EE a long time ago that would follow me everywhere! And she loved to cuddle! [​IMG]

7. The Red Rooster

Is there a hatchery that has EE's in stock?

8. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I had an EE but sadly had to give her away. She would bully my BO anytime there were treats around. But that was my only compliant about her. She was friendly in that she would eat out of my hand but did not like to be picked up or held. She was a bit on the skiddish side. But she was a PRODUCER. We got a green egg from her 13 out of 14 days. And they were beautiful eggs.

Would love to have another one for the eggs. But since I can only have four hens, I'm more drawn to the docile, affectionate types like the Orpingtons, who like to be held.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by